Doom Classic (iOS)
Doom Classic is an iPhone/iPod touch port of Ultimate Doom developed by id Software. According to the development notes released by id, the port is based on PrBoom and uses OpenGL rendering and controls similar to the Wolfenstein 3D classic title. Since it is derived from a GPL codebase, the source code was made available.
It was made available in the iPhone App Store on October 31, 2009.
On August 22, 2011 version 2.1 was released, with some changes.
- Settings for tilt turn and tilt strafe are separated.
- Auto use like in Quake is now default On.
- Menu revisions.
- Episode select menu.
- Doom Classic website
- Development on Doom Classic
- Doom Classic Progress Report
- Information about the port on ClassicDOOM.com
|Source code genealogy|