- This article is about the set of three source ports. For other uses, see CDoom (disambiguation).
CDoom is a set of four Doom source ports for DOS by Carlos Guariglia. Version 1.9 is a clone of doom2.exe, version 2.05 is based upon MBF and version 2.06 messages are written in French and try to fix sound bugs, and version 2.07 introduces slopes and destructible geometry. The three versions are compiled with DJGPP and played under DOS, and may have (sound) problems running under recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
Features in v1.9
- the -finalcomp parameter to properly play back demos recorded with the doom2.exe that is supplied with Final Doom
- according to the readme file, it is the smallest engine in Doom history
Features in v2.x
- true 3d gameplay including 3D floors
- supports jumping, flying, swimming, and crouching
- extra cheat commands
- can autogenerate a missing blockmap
- uncapped framerate
- maximum compatibility with doom2.exe demos
- new music subsystem that supports opl2/opl3/mpu401 playback closest to doom2.exe music subsystem
- cheats are available in Nightmare! skill level
|Source code genealogy|
Linux Doom 1.10