E4M3: Sever the Wicked (Doom)
Ultimate Doom maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
|The Shores of Hell|
E4M3: Sever the Wicked is the third map of Thy Flesh Consumed in Doom. It was designed by Shawn Green, and was his first Doom level. It uses the music track "Deep into the Code." In the Doom Classic port, it has a par time of 2:15.
The map title comes from Matthew 13:49: "So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just."
- From the start, drop onto the ground in front of you and head down through the staircase. In the next room, take the upward staircase and continue along the hall until you reach a lion-faced door. Before you reach it, a door in the corner behind you (you also can open this door manually) will open, unleashing some enemies, but also allowing you to get some goodies.
- (2 & 3) In the wooden room at the far south of the map (where the red skull key lowers to) is an alcove in the west. There are four torches here, the two easternmost of which are standing on secret sectors. Unfortunately, you cannot trigger these secrets unless clipping is turned off and you walk directly through the torches.
- (4 - 22) Open the northern wall in the same alcove as secrets 2 and 3. There is a set of stairs leading up to a room with a soul sphere and some ammo. Every single sector leading up to and including the soul sphere room counts towards the level's secret score.
- Behind the starting position, there is a bridge (sector 95) that can be raised for an invulnerability sphere and ammo. The bridge's southern and northern sides (linedefs 364 and 365) as well as a nearby line (808) have been tagged to the sector, but have no action attached to them. Instead, the player presses the switch in front of the start to raise the bridge sector.
- The lava pit (sector 117) that surrounds the red skull key platform has many lurking imps. One of them (thing 69, present on skills 4 and 5) is stuck in a wall.
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:08||Marijo Sedlić (Sedlo)||2002-11-14||u4m3-008.zip|
|NM speed||00:09||Jonathan Rimmer||2000-05-04||n4m3-009.zip|
|UV max||02:44||Radek Pecka||2001-12-06||u4m3-244.zip|
|UV -fast||02:53||Radek Pecka||2001-12-07||f4m3-253.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:58||Radek Pecka||2001-12-07||r4m3-158.zip|
|UV Tyson||05:19||Anders Johnsen||2002-11-21||t4m3-519.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:08||Marijo Sedlić (Sedlo)||2002-11-14||u4m3-008.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 23, 2012.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||1||1||7|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|