The Doom Wiki is an extensive community effort to document everything related to id Software's masterpiece games Doom and Doom II, other games based on the Doom engine, Doom 3, and more. We have created 3,707 articles to date.
This site is a wiki, so everyone is encouraged to create and edit articles. New contributors should read our FAQ first. If this is your first time using a wiki, be sure to check out the basic editing instructions as well. If you need additional help, or wish to discuss general aspects of this wiki, pay a visit to the Central Processing discussion board.
See the news board to read and post news about ongoing or upcoming events in the Doom universe.
The lost soul is a flaming, floating skull with horns, first introduced in Doom's second episode, The Shores of Hell. Lost souls use themselves as weapons, charging towards the player with open jaws. Given its tendency to charge suddenly, its quickness to retaliate upon being attacked, and its ability to crowd the player, a lost soul can be a considerable annoyance. Doom II makes additional use of the lost soul by utilizing it as the projectile attack of the new pain elemental monster. They are officially described in the manual with the simple quip, "Dumb. Tough. Flies. On fire. 'Nuff said."
(read more) (feature nominations)
Guides and Tutorials
Find out how to get into the world of Doom quickly with these step-by-step guides:
- Help and how-tos
- How to download and run Doom
- How to play Doom on Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- Walkthroughs for each level
DoomWiki.org needs you!
Looking for something to do? Here are some of the Doom Wiki's greatest needs:
- Add citations to articles
- Add information on Hacx levels, items and weapons
- Add to article stubs
- Clean up articles
- Complete the Strife levels pages
- Complete walkthroughs for all stock levels
- Create wanted articles
- Doom editing tutorials
- Doom 3 material, especially Doom 3: BFG Edition content
- Investigate unclear image copyrights
- Replace screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio
- Review articles with disputed content
- Review pages marked for deletion or merging
- Write about Doom II RPG topics
- Write about PWADs, especially winners of major awards, or complete unfinished map articles
Find critical information for editing the wiki with these resources:
|Affiliates|| Other Doom-related Wikis|
| Chocolate Doom • Doomsday Engine • DoomRL • 3DGE • The Eternity Engine • Odamex • SLADE • SRB2 • Zandronum • ZDoom|
|More: See our WikiNode|