MAP08: Tomb of Malevolence (No Rest for the Living)
- This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
Run through the initial area to the northwest. Open the large door with the skull on it and continue into a room with two more skull doors. Grab the megaarmor if you want to and enter through either skull door in front of you. There is a rocket launcher in this room along with a few crates of rockets, and a skull switch. Press the skull switch and you will be lowered into a large room with many pillars. Beware, there is a huge number of imps who will swarm you - it is recommended to use a BFG9000 or a rocket launcher to kill them. There is also a cyberdemon in this large room, so use caution. Various skull switches around the room will lower sections of wall and pillars containing more imps and various powerups, and also will give you more maneuverability to dodge the cyberdemon's rockets. Near the north edge of the map is a skull switch that raises a set of stairs - go up these stairs and kill the imps at the top, then run across the pillars to the south. To the left of the last pillar is a teleporter between two candles on the corner of a wall - this will warp you back to the beginning of the map, where the previously raised teleporter in the center of the first room now has stairs leading to it, allowing you to exit the level.
- Move forward to the demon face door. In this room, collect the rocket launcher and ammo.
- Equip the BFG9000. If you do not have one, equip a rocket launcher. Press the button (the room will start to descend into the tomb) in the back of the room and run back to where you came in. You will be unable to leave the room, but going back here will give you some space between you and the imp horde you are about to face.
- When you are nearing the bottom of the tomb, fire your weapon at the imps and try to clear them out as fast as possible. Pay close attention to the two openings as a cyberdemon will be coming toward you, usually in the western door (to your left). If there are still some leftover imps when the cyberdemon comes, abandon killing them and run into the hallway he is not in. Shoot the cyberdemon with your best available weapon. By quickly entering and exiting the room you started in. When he gets too close for comfort, retreat from the hallway you were in and go to the other hallway entering the room you started in. Repeat this process, drawing the cyberdemon from hallway to hallway (keeping him funneled in the room you started in) until he is dead.
- Go around pressing the buttons.
 Other points of interest
- Enter the first chamber, and turn right. On the southwestern wall are two tortured ex-humans. Press the left one to lower the wall, revealing a switch which in turn will lower a wall to your left with health bonuses, a plasma rifle and a computer map.
- On descending into the tomb, go west until you hit a wall, then follow north until you find the corner, You'll notice it will be bordered with metal girders, use it to bring down the lift with some helpful goodies, including a berserk pack, on it.
- Push the wall behind the lift in Secret 2 to bring down the last secret in the game: an invulnerability sphere.
 Demo files
 Areas / screenshots
 Routes and tricks
 Miscellaneous demos
 Map data
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
 Technical information
 Inspiration and development
- This level is the only map in the episode that can be successfully run in vanilla Doom and source ports which did not increase the static limits.