MAP16: Deepest Reaches (TNT: Evilution)
- This level occupies the map slot MAP16. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP16.
|TNT: Evilution maps 11-20|
MAP16: Deepest Reaches is the sixteenth map of TNT: Evilution. It was designed by Andre Arsenault and uses a music track shared with MAP26: Ballistyx. Unlike the others thus far, it takes place in a deep, dark subterranean hell-style setting.
The level is notable for featuring a wide variety of environments, some of which are natural while others seeming to be of hellish origin. The player will encounter a pool of molten rock, damp gray caverns flowing with water, an altar area of dry rock as well as a red grotto of blazing walls. In the west, there is a hall with a brown wooden architecture, whereas at the eastern end, there is another hall composed of a totally different material, green marble. Due to the inclusion of the water cavern, this is one of the few maps in Evilution to have waterfalls.
- After passing through the first door, hug the wall to the left. When you come to a brightly-lit section of wall, open it to get a hidden box of ammo.
- Behind the blue door is a brown rocky path leading upwards. After following the stairs to the top, the path splits in two - go right, into the cave. Open the wall to the right (which is textured slightly different than the surrounding walls) to reveal a secret cave. Run to the back and wait until a BFG rises up from a crevasse in the ground, otherwise it will continue rising until it is unreachable.
- Return to the fork in the path from secret #2. This time go left, following the path alongside a cliff. When you reach the glowing red caves, immediately turn right and follow the narrow path until you reach a "window" looking out at a brown cave. Run northwest out of the window straight into the brown wall across from it, which is actually a false wall. You'll now be in a stone room with an Icon-of-Sin-faced wall. If you open this wall, a megasphere will be revealed.
- From secret #3, drop down into the previously mentioned brown cave area you jumped over to get here. The wall just southwest of here is colored slightly different than the surrounding ones. It's actually a lift; lower it and ride to the top. Continue through the door here and you'll arrive on a secret ledge overlooking the first outdoor area.
- In the large basin on the far east of the map, there is a switch lowering a platform to get access to the raised surrounding area. Behind the platform is a small gray-marble area with two doors: a red-key one and a normal one. The rest of these steps get you the red key.
- Behind that door is a room with three raised-demon or lion emblems. The emblem on the right opens when you shoot it.
- the area revealed behind the emblem has a switch: this lowers a platform in the adjacent green room. Stepping onto that platform opens a door right next to the platform. A switch behind that door opens one of the other two emblems in the first room.
- Behind that emblem is a cavern ending in a switch. The switch lowers a column in the green room.
- behind the lowered column in the green room is another switch which lowers the platform opposite it. At the top of the platform is the red skull key.
 Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:19||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-03-15||ev16-119.zip|
|NM speed||01:20||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-03-16||tn16-120.zip|
|UV max||04:32||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-02-08||ev16-432.zip|
|NM100S||01:31||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-03-16||es16-131.zip|
|UV -fast||06:49||Laura Herrmann (BahdKo)||2003-02-22||ef16-649.zip|
|UV -respawn||04:23||Laura Herrmann (BahdKo)||2003-02-24||er16-423.zip|
|UV Tyson||29:01||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-01-19||et162901.zip|
|UV pacifist||02:30||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-10-06||ep16-230.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 27, 2013.
 Map data
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||0||0||2|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|