MAP20: Enigma (Community Chest 2)
- This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
|Community Chest 2 maps 11-20|
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
 Other points of interest
- At the start of the level, open the door directly behind you to find some shells, a backpack, and two Cacodemons (on Ultra-Violence or higher.) (sector 45)
- In the red skull area, there is a hole in the ceiling at the southeast. It is intended that you stand under it, and allow the arch-vile to launch you into the hole with its fire attack as you run south into the wall, upon which you will find a teleporter. It will warp you another location with eight armor bonuses, two medikits, and a switch. Press the switch, and the pillar will lower, holding a BFG 9000. (sector 370) However, reaching this secret is not possible without cheating outside of ZDoom versions prior to 2.4.0 and other ZDoom-based source ports unless the noclip cheat is used, as arch-vile jumps in other ports will not launch you high enough to access the teleporter. (See technical information for a detailed explanation.)
- Accessing the red skull area requires you to press a switch temporarily lowering walls blocking it off, lowering paths that you have previously crossed. However, this will also lower a section of floor around the security armor on the upper level. Lower the paths, and then run toward the pedestal the security armor is on as the paths rise. If done correctly, you will be carried up to the pedestal, and the armor can be obtained. (sector 427)
- When you walk off or on the gray flooring in the room southwest of the yellow skull switch, a lift will lower to the northwest of it. Drop into the hole to find a chainsaw and a teleporter; use it to be transported to a soul sphere. (sector 378)
- After the blue skull door, do not jump down to the yellow skull. Instead, look to the northeast, and you may notice an opening in the northern wall on the higher level. The northeast walls of the room you're in are fake; walk through them to find a stairway to the upper level, where you can find a switch. Press it, and go back through the blue skull door to find a teleporter in the east. Enter it before it is closed off to be warped to combat armor. (sector 379)
Because of a teleporter being too high to reach, you can only get 80% Secrets outside of pre-2.4.0 versions of ZDoom and source ports based on them.
 Demo files
 Areas / screenshots
 Routes and tricks
 Current records
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||01:35||Donatas Tamonis||2012-11-25||c220-135.zip|
|NM speed||02:54||Donatas Tamonis||2012-11-25||c220n254.zip|
Last updated on March 17, 2013.
 Miscellaneous demos
|UV speed nomo||01:21||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2004-12-14||cc2misc.zip|
 Map data
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell|
|Icon of Sin|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
 Technical information
Secret #2 relies on a bug in ZDoom's handling of the arch-vile's blast attack, in which the attack's blast radius was erroneously used as its thrust value due to references which were off by one. Thus, the player was launched by the arch-vile's attack much higher than normal. The bug was fixed in commit r1745, made on August 1, 2009 and consequently included in version 2.4.0 (released on January 1, 2010), restoring the blast's original behavior and preventing the secret from being accessible without cheating.