MAP20: The Death Domain (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 11-20|
- This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
MAP20: The Death Domain is the twentieth map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Dario Casali and uses the music track "Message For The Arch-Vile" from Doom II (the same as Doom II's MAP20: Gotcha!).
- Once you reach the switch-activated lift in the "sewer" area, rather than riding it up, walk through it to the other side. Here, along with a security armor and rocket launcher, there is a baron-faced wall. Press the use key on it as you would a door or switch. Although you will not be able to hear anything, it opens the locked door near the stairway you lowered to enter the sewer area. Behind it is a pathway leading to an ammo cache and a combat armor vest.
- In the "library" area in the north is a wall with two red flags on it. To open it, press the use key on the lights to either side of it. Behind it is a lift to a soul sphere.
- As soon as you enter the room with the floating eye surrounded by a green symbol, turn to your left and you will see a narrow door. Shoot it to open a small room containing a megasphere.
- In that same room there will be a hallway with a medikit at the end. As soon as you get to the end of the hallway, run back and make a right. A platform will have lowered revealing a hallway with a backpack along with several rockets and clips.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:43||Adam Williamson||2002-02-19||pl20-043.zip|
|NM speed||01:17||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2008-02-16||pn20-117.zip|
|UV max||03:39||Henning Skogstø||1999-02-21||pl20-339.zip|
|NM100S||01:37||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2008-02-18||ps20-137.zip|
|UV -fast||04:11||Henning Skogstø||1999-02-21||pf20-411.zip|
|UV Tyson||21:40||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-03-26||pt202140.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:43||Adam Williamson||2002-02-19||pp20-043.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on February 7, 2013.
* The vertex count without the effect of node building is 920.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||2||2||4|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|