|Initial release||1.0-alpha-120602-1356 (2012-06-03, 2 years ago)|
|Latest release||1.2 (2013-09-01, 12 months ago)|
|Target Platform||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|License||Modified Sleepycat License|
Zandronum is a source port focused on offering a modernized multiplayer experience, offering new game modes such as capture the flag, invasion or domination. The International Doom League adopted it as its port of choice in 2014.
Zandronum was forked from its parent project Skulltag on June 3, 2012, continuing the development of the latest Skulltag 98e. Since Brad Carney (Carnevil) requested the name Skulltag not to be used by a project over which he had no control, the community was asked to find a new name. Two of the most popular choices were Andromeda and Infernum, which emphasized respectively Doom's sci-fi and occult elements; other people wanted the port's name to begin with a 'Z' to reflect the port's ZDoom affiliation. In the absence of clear consensus, these were combined into a portmanteau.
Zandronum's version numbering scheme uses two or three values. The major value increases with updates of the underlying ZDoom codebase, while the minor value increase for releases which do not change the base ZDoom compatibility level. For instance, Zandronum 1.x is based on ZDoom 2.3.1, while Zandronum 2.x is based on ZDoom 2.5.0. For pure bugfix releases, a third number can be used: Zandronum 1.2.2 has the same feature set as Zandronum 1.2, but fewer bugs.
- Support for up to 64 players in cooperative, deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, possession, domination, invasion, Last Man Standing, survival, and other game modes.
- Support for most ZDoom and GZDoom features, including the latter's hardware accelerated renderer.
- Continuing support for unique Skulltag editing features as well.
- Console, Quake-style keybindings, free look, jumping, and other advanced controls.
- Full support for all Doom engine games, including Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Torr Samaho - Lead developer
- Braden Obrzut (Blzut3) - Port developer, Doomseeker developer, webmaster
- Dusk - Port developer, forum moderator
- Edward-san - Tester
- bond - IDE developer
- Zalewa - Doomseeker developer
|Source code genealogy|