This level occupies the map slot E2M1. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E2M1.
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
Castle of the Renegades is a Doom level created by Scott F. Crank in November 1994, then ported and adapted to Doom II in February 1995. It uses for soundtrack Jean Michel Jarre's "Industrial Revolution" song, transcribed to MIDI by Brian Havis.
Map of Castle of the Renegades (Doom)
Map of Castle of the Renegades (Doom II)
Other points of interestEdit
The secret sectors are the same in both versions.
- Once you open the door just past the prison area, enter the room just to the left of that area and open the northern wall instead of the door. Follow the steps to a backpack. (sector 188)
- In the plus-shaped courtyard, step into the blood pools to access the outer staircases, then head south and westward all the way until you reach the cacodemon (pain elemental in the Doom II version) cage. Open the next marble face to find two medikits and two boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 459)
- At the area with the lava pool, walk along the ledge going southwest and a door should open. Run back the way you came, going up the steps to a new opening you will see to your right. Take this passage until you see a zombieman coming out from the wall. Go through that wall to discover a teleporter, which leads to a megaarmor on the outside of the castle. (sector 541)
Areas / screenshotsEdit
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 257 in Doom version, thing 251 in Doom II version)
- facing north. (thing 260, 254)
- facing west. (thing 261, 255)
- facing east. (thing 268, 262)
Inspiration and developmentEdit