DOOM-IT is a frontend launcher program bundled with MS-DOS releases of the Master Levels for Doom II. Created by Chris Badger, the program presents a text-based user interface that can be used to browse through and launch the master levels. The UI presents various information about each WAD file, including which level(s) a WAD file replaces, and a preview of the associated text file with additional information about its contents.
The UI is also used for Maximum Doom, also included on the Master Levels CD; it performs a similar role of allowing users to browse through the collection and try different WAD files.
- Keyboard or mouse-driven text UI.
- Allows launching single-player, or modem, serial or IPX multiplayer games.
- Phone book feature for storing up to 10 phone numbers for dial-up play.
- Multiple WADs can be selected to be loaded together, allowing levels to be combined with graphics and sound replacement WADs.
- Quick search feature allows a favorite WAD to be jumped to by typing its filename.
- Preview window shows the contents of WAD text files, with the ability to expand full-screen to read the full text file.
Master Levels Menu InterfaceEdit
The Master Levels Menu Interface is a WAD for ZDoom-compatible ports that presents a text UI similar to DOOM-IT (albeit with a different look and feel). Since DOOM-IT is a DOS-based 16-bit programa and will not run on recent versions of Windows (or other OSes), this provides a convenient alternative for modern machines.
- (shareware version)