E1M2: Central Computing (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps|
E1M2: Central Computing is the second map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis), and its music track is an untitled mash-up of "Dark Halls", "Suspense" and "The Demons from Adrian's Pen", all originally created by Robert Prince for Doom. The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as official add-on is 11:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head straight forward to a staircase and kill the monsters in your immediate vicinity, then head north to a junction with a blue floor and open the gray door to enter a curved hallway. Follow the hallway past zombiemen, imps and a demon to reach a button and push it to open a nearby closet containing more imps and zombiemen, then go back to the junction to find that the tan door has opened leading to a zig-zag bridge over nukage. Cross the bridge and climb the steps on the other side, then open the door at the top to enter a hall with several enemies. Go through either of the doorways in the north-east corner, then step on the lift in the north alcove to go down to a dark maze that contains plenty of monsters.
There are multiple paths leading away from the entry point, but head east to a low passage and pass through to enter the T-shaped room near the center of the maze. There is a narrow hallway on the east side of this room - follow it until you see a wall open in front of you and reveal a demon, quickly kill it (along with a spectre behind you on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels) then continue south through a corridor with bright lights, slaying any enemies waiting in the alcoves to your right as you go, then head round a corner to find some zombies guarding a switch that will lower the yellow keycard elsewhere in the map. Activate the nearby lift to leave the maze, then return to the starting area and head east down some steps to a room with a brown floor. Head through the angled door on the north side to find the yellow key, which is protected by several enemies.
Go back up the steps to the starting area, then head down the south-east staircase this time to reach a junction with a door leading east as well as paths going east and south. Take the south path and follow it to a junction with a yellow key door, open it then head up either staircase to an angled room with zombies and imps. Activate the lift on the north side and ride it up to a blue-floored area, turn right and fight your way past some more enemies to reach a switch in a recess. Flip the switch then take the lift back down and head south through a now-open door to some steps that lead up to the red keycard; taking the key will open four closets around you with imps, demons and zombies. Flip the switch inside the east closet to open the door so you can get back out, then go back through the yellow key door and head east through another door you saw earlier to reach the exit area. Head north through this area to get to the exit door which requires the red key to open and ass through it to find the exit switch, guarded by a spectre and zombieman on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) along with an imp on UV and NM.
Other points of interest
- In the big brown-floored room south-east of the yellow key room, there is a wall to the south with a stripe on it. This wall can be opened, but you cannot reach it from the ground floor. Walk up the steps going west, then south-east, then where the door is, turn left, looking back at the previous room. Carefully skirt along the right wall and open the wall here to enter a room with stimpacks, partial invisibility, a backpack and a switch. An imp is also present in this room on HMP or higher. (sector 362)
- When you first enter the blue maze at the northern part of the map, you have three paths to choose. Take the middle path, which dead-ends at a gray wall. You can open this gray wall, revealing the blue keycard and a stimpack. (sector 322)
- At the entrance to the blue maze, take the left path, and go to the wall on the west side with the brown ridge on it. Lower this wall to reach a secret section of the maze. (sector 395)
- Inside the secret section of the maze accessible from secret #4, go to the western wall in the darkest end of the section. If you look at the wall, it has a caution stripe on it and metal bars next to it. Open this wall for a light amplification visor, rockets and armor bonuses. (sector 393)
- After getting the blue key in secret #3, go back to the room with the zigzag bridge across the nukage. Run across the nukage going west to a blue key door. Health and ammo are behind this door. (sector 249)
- After flipping the switch in the maze that lowers the yellow key, return to the yellow key room to spot several compartments are also open. Notice that one of the compartments has a brown ridge at the top of its back wall. This wall can be lowered, revealing zombiemen who guard rockets and stimpacks. (sector 289)
- In the big room past the yellow key door, go up the staircase on the left side. Run to the east across the stairs, without going back to the yellow door, then run south. The window here is open, but it will rise up again. Go through the window before it rises to reach the outdoors. There are shotgun shells nearby, and if you go around and across the nukage, you can find a rocket launcher and a box of rockets. (sector 378)
- When you reach the big room past the yellow key door, ride the lift up and turn left. Go to the computer terminal that is slightly recessed in the wall to open a secret room containing rockets and stimpacks. (sector 276)
- Once you collect the red key, several closets open up with monsters. Go back to the big room and take the left staircase, entering the compartment straight ahead. Look at the wall at the right and notice that it is cleanly gray. Open this wall to find a supercharge and a switch. This switch opens up secret #11. (sector 263)
- After getting the blue key in secret #2, go back to the room just south of the exit door. There is a blue door here, which leads to a secret area with a medikit and a box of shotgun shells. If you had flipped the switch in secret #9, then secret #11 will also be available here. (sector 273)
- If you got the blue key in secret #2 and flipped the switch in secret #9, go to secret #10 and ride the lift up. Collect the plasma gun which is now available. (sector 270) Taking the weapon will release zombiemen, imps and demons into the exit area.
- By flipping the switch in secret #1, you lower a barricade blocking a megaarmor, which is right next to the exit door. (sector 246)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||5:21.03||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2012-03-02||d1i2-521.zip|
|NoMo||1:25.37||Trevor Cheng (Daiyu Xiaoxiang)||2012-03-07||d1i2o125daiyu.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 439)
- facing north. (thing 440)
- facing east. (thing 443)
- facing west. (thing 444)
- facing west. (thing 446)
- facing south. (thing 447)
- facing east. (thing 448)
- facing south. (thing 449)
- facing south. (thing 450)
- facing west. (thing 452)
- facing south. (thing 453)
- facing south-west. (thing 454)
Inspiration and development
- The south area of this level, with its twin staircases and secret outdoor area, loosely resembles the red key area from Doom's E1M2: Nuclear Plant.