E1M2 (Sillouhettes of Phobos)
|Sillouhettes of Phobos maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Walk forward to drop into the starting room, which is guarded by a couple of imps and zombiemen, then go through the north door and head up the stairs on your right to reach a second door. Open the door and kill three zombiemen waiting behind it, then walk north-east until you see a tall doorway on your right; the corridor behind this doorway leads to the red keycard, but taking it will open a closet behind you containing a chaingun guarded by two imps and a spectre.
Return to the staircases near the starting room, then head up the west staircase to another door and go through it to confront a zombieman, imp and shotgun guy. Follow the hallway north and east to reach a tech pillar, then run due east from this point to leap across to a platform with a red key door - you can open this door to find the yellow keycard, guarded by a couple of imps and zombiemen. Retrace your steps to the tech pillar and proceed north up some stairs, go round the corner to kill a shotgun guy then open the door on your left to face another shotgun guy and three imps. Head east into a tunnel and follow it until you see a button on your left, press it then go back to the previous room to get on a lift that has lowered by the north wall.
Continue north to drop into a marble area with a couple of imps, then go through the east doorway to enter a dark room with a demon, a spectre and a couple of zombiemen and shotgun guys. Activate the lift in the east wall and ride it up, then turn left and follow the ledge round to a button that will raise a bridge later in the map. Go back to the marble area and head round to its north side to drop into some nukage, then run north until you go through a doorway and see another button ahead - you can cross the bridge you raised earlier to reach this button, which will open doors to the north and west. Go through either door to enter a hall with a pentagram, which is overlooked by a few small monsters, then open the exit door to the east and flip the switch behind it to end the level.
Other points of interest
After reaching the marble-walled area, go through the west doorway and head down some steps to an imp guarding a switch, which you can flip to lower a supercharge.
- It is necessary to press a switch in a room to the east to raise a bridge leading to another switch. Symmetrically opposite this first switch is another switch which opens up a door in the far south-west leading to an outdoor area with some shotgun guys, a plasma gun, an energy cell and a medikit (the last item does not appear on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill levels). The step immediately after the door counts as the secret, but this step is too narrow for the secret to be registered. (sector 226)
- East of the second switch mentioned above is a room with a lift leading down to a room with a megaarmor and a button. The button opens two cages in the centre of the map each containing a cacodemon, a stimpack and 4 shotgun shells. The two cages are each part of the same secret sector. (sector 111)
Because secret #1 cannot be registered (see above), it is only possible to get 50% secrets in this level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:41.77||2022-07-02||s1p2p4177.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 2, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 163)
- facing south. (thing 164)
- facing east. (thing 165)
- facing west. (thing 166)
- facing east. (thing 167)
- facing south. (thing 168)
- facing west. (thing 169)