Difference between revisions of "E1M5: Phobos Lab (Doom)"
|[unchecked revision]||[unchecked revision]|
(reshuffled rows in Things table to match Template:Map_skel)
(+ slime trail bug; split walkthrough into "essentials" and "other points of interest"; removed redundant parts in "secrets"; southwest -> southeast)
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
Run across the
Run across the nukage pool (quickly, to minimize damage) and turn right down the hall. the endout onto the porch overlooking another nukage pool; this will raise a walkway on the opposite side of the pool.
Turn around, go back up the hall, and go up the
Turn around, go back up the hall, and go up the your right. the walkway , the and the yellow the .
Go back down the
Go back down the and the . to the inthe and open the the of this to in the across the nukage pool from the .
Go through the door to the
Go through the door to the the stairsand follow the to . the in the this , a . a the .
to . , you . the to the the large will the doorthe door and the .
the yellow the . way to the .
the the nukage , you . to to the far and a . you .
the a []in the . of this wall is a secret door (is not needed for 100% secrets).
# the the the start , the to your rightis a secret doora shotgun.
# After collecting the
# After collecting the yellow , come back to overlook the nukage pool. Directly ahead, in the corner of the nukage, is a secret door . the nukage and through the door to find a rocket launcher blue armor . the corridor to the southwest.
# Just after you go through the yellow door for the first time and go down the lift, two will be shooting at you from high platforms. platforms will lower if you push on the below them (or if you walk the past either one). Ride up on the northern platform and the wall to the right (east) a secret compartment with a box of shells . The back wall of this compartment opens into a room with a blur artifactand a pentagram-shaped teleporter which you near the start . There is also metal-texture wall opens onto the walkway outside of the yellow door.
# a a . a
# Just after you go through the yellow door for the first time and go down the lift, two
to the is .
there is a secret door to the west of the switch on the other side of the . Go through the secret door to collect a computer map, backpack, and .
# After going through the blue door, hug the wall to the left until you have made a U-turn. Ahead of you is a room with a
# After going through the blue door, hug the wall to the left until you have made a U-turn. Ahead of you is a room with a light amplification visor.
# the room aboveto the the . through the door to the secret.
Revision as of 16:04, 12 March 2006
|Ultimate Doom maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
Run across the nukage pool (quickly, to minimize damage) and turn right down the hall. At the end, walk out onto the porch overlooking another nukage pool; this will raise a walkway on the opposite side of the pool.
Turn around, go back up the hall, and go up the staircase to your right. Walk along the walkway to the east, turn left into the dark passage, and pick up the yellow key at the end.
Go back down the stairs near the start point, and through the door to the left of the stairs. Follow the walkway around to the right, and you will see a yellow door on your left. Go in, take the lift downward, and turn left down the gray staircase. As you reach the bottom, two traps will open — one behind you, and one on the corresponding staircase to the north of the lift — revealing four Imps (I'm too young to die and Hey, not too rough), or eight sergeants, four Imps, and two Spectres (Hurt me plenty), or eight sergeants, four Imps, and four Spectres (Ultra-Violence and Nightmare!). Continue following this hallway around to the right, until you see a nukage pool on your right with two large columns in it. Run across the nukage, between the columns, and press the switch on the small concrete platform; this opens a door across the nukage pool from the yellow door. As you step onto this platform, the two columns will descend, revealing two troopers (ITYTD and HNTR), or two troopers and two Imps (HMP), or two troopers, two Imps, and two sergeants (UV and NM).
Go back through the yellow door and run straight across the nukage to the newly opened passageway. Go up the stairs, turn left, and follow the passageway to a computer room. Click the switch in the far right corner of this room, which opens a doorway to a darkened tan corridor. Follow this corridor to a gray room containing the blue key.
Grab the blue key and go down the stairs to the north. At the bottom, you will find a blue door. Open the blue door and make your way to the north side of the large room beyond, where you will see the exit door. Go through the exit door and press the switch.
Other points of interest
At the yellow key, some players find it helpful to shoot as many monsters as possible through the window, where their attacks are less effective (Demons' in particular). The room beyond this window is the first room past the staircase on the way to the computer room.
After you lower the two green columns in the nukage pool, you can make them rise by walking onto one. This allows you to jump to two high platforms at the far corners of the pool, containing a blue armor and a box of bullets. (If you are still on the column when it stops moving, you are not trapped: pressing the button on the east wall lowers both columns again.)
The dark room before the exit contains a large horseshoe-shaped wall in the center. The northernmost section of this wall is a secret door (which is not needed for 100% secrets).
- At the top of the staircase near the start point, before you walk onto the walkway, you will see two barrels to your right. Behind the barrels is a secret door, indicated by a greenish wall texture, which conceals a shotgun. (sector 69)
- After collecting the yellow key, come back to overlook the nukage pool. Directly ahead, in the southeast corner of the nukage, is a secret door indicated by a brownish wall texture. Cross the nukage and go through the door to find a rocket launcher and a blue armor (sector 95). Leave the room through the corridor to the southwest.
- Just after you go through the yellow door for the first time and go down the lift, two Imps will be shooting at you from high platforms. These platforms will lower if you push on the walls below them (or if you walk to the bottom step of the gray staircase past either one). Ride up on the northern platform and open the wall to the right (east) to reveal a secret compartment with a box of shells (sector 49). The back wall of this compartment opens into a room with a blur artifact, two medikits, and a pentagram-shaped teleporter which deposits you near the start point. There is also a metal-texture wall to the east which opens onto the walkway outside of the yellow door.
- At the western edge of the map, opposite the nukage pool containing the two large columns, is a small alcove containing a medikit. The back wall is a secret door revealing a radiation suit. (sector 7)
- The wall to the south of secret #4 is another secret door, revealing a chainsaw. (sector 5)
- The wall to the south of secret #5 is yet another secret door, leading to a courtyard with additional medikits and a soul sphere. (sector 2)
- In the computer room, there is a secret door to the west of the switch in the corner (on the other side of the protruding pillar). Go through the secret door to collect a computer map, a backpack, and a chaingun. (sector 99)
- After going through the blue door, hug the wall to the left until you have made a U-turn. Ahead of you is a room with a medikit and a light amplification visor. (sector 110)
- A second blue door connects the pentagram teleporter room (see secret #3 above) to the large dark room before the exit. You must walk through the blue door to get credit for the secret. (sector 58)
If you ride the rising column toward the bullet box, you may notice a thin slime trail on the east wall (see screen shot below).
- No monsters, 100% secrets walkthrough (file info)
- 100% kills, items, and secrets on ITYTD (file info)
- 100% kills, items, and secrets on HTNR (file info)
- 100% kills, items, and secrets on HMP (file info)
- 100% kills, items, and secrets on UV (file info)
Areas / screenshots
Small slime trail near rising column
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:55||Adam Williamson||2000-12-30||e1m5-055.zip|
|NM speed||01:04||Adam Williamson||2001-11-27||n1m5-104.zip|
|UV max||02:28||Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore||2002-07-18||e1m5-228.zip|
|UV -fast||02:57||Radek Pecka||2001-01-12||f1m5-257.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:39||Radek Pecka||2000-08-27||r1m5-239.zip|
|UV Tyson||03:40||Xit Vono||2003-04-05||t1m5-340.zip|
|UV pacifist||01:14||Adam Williamson||2000-04-24||p1m5-114.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|