Revision as of 22:47, 28 September 2019 by Fraggle (reword and integrate redundant text that seemed grafted on)
EdMap is a DOS sector-based level editor written by Jeff Rabenhorst. Features include:
- Support for Doom, Doom II and Heretic
- Online help including a hyperlinked version of the Unofficial Doom Specs
- Shortcuts to allow fast mouse editing
- Supports texture/sprite WADs.
- Easy to switch NODES builder by means of editing a batch file (defaults to WARM)
- Expert mode that allows all map properties to be edited
Drawbacks of EdMap include a 640KB memory limit and some stability -- when using EdMap it is important to regularly save and keep backups of levels.