- 63,486 pages
- 18,404 articles
- 30,316 files
- 359,211 edits
- 54 active users
The Doom Wiki is an extensive community effort to document everything related to id Software's masterpiece games Doom and Doom II, other games based on the Doom engine, Doom 64, Doom 3, Doom (2016), Doom Eternal, and more. We have created 18,404 articles to date.
This site is a wiki, so everyone is encouraged to create and edit articles. New contributors should read our FAQ first. If this is your first time using a wiki, be sure to check out the basic editing instructions as well. If you need additional help, or wish to discuss general aspects of this wiki, pay a visit to the Central Processing discussion board.
See the news board to read and post news about ongoing or upcoming events in the Doom universe.
Did you know that splash damage in the original Doom games is computed only from the horizontal distance between the explosion and the affected thing, which can be used to harm targets far above or below the blast?
Featured article - November 2022
Hexen: Beyond Heretic (or Hexen) is a first-person shooter and fantasy adventure computer game developed by Raven Software, published by id Software, and distributed by GT Interactive beginning on October 30, 1995. It is the sequel to Heretic. The main goal of the game is the destruction of Korax, the second of a trio of demon brothers known as the Serpent Riders, who has taken over the world of Cronos. The first Serpent Rider, D'Sparil, was the final boss of Heretic and the third, Eidolon, would later appear in Hexen II.
Hexen features a "hub" system of maps which allowed the player to travel freely between several levels while preserving their state (monsters killed, puzzles solved, items collected, etc) between visits.
(read more) (feature nominations)
Guides and Tutorials
Find out how to get into the world of Doom quickly with these step-by-step guides:
- Help and how-tos
- How to download and run Doom
- How to play Doom on Windows
- Walkthroughs for each level
- Comparison of source ports
DoomWiki.org needs you!
Looking for something to do? Here are some of the Doom Wiki's greatest needs:
- Add citations to articles
- Add information on Hacx levels, items and weapons
- Add information, screenshots and statistics on Doom 64 weapons and items
- Add to article stubs
- Clean up articles
- Complete walkthroughs for all stock levels
- Create wanted articles
- Doom editing tutorials
- Doom 3 material, especially Doom 3: BFG Edition content
- Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal material
- Investigate unclear image copyrights
- Replace screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio
- Review articles with disputed content
- Review pages marked for deletion or merging
- Write about Doom II RPG topics
- Write about PWADs, especially winners of major awards, or complete unfinished map articles
Find critical information for editing the wiki with these resources:
|Affiliates|| Other Doom-related Wikis|
| Chocolate Doom • Doomsday Engine • DRL • EDGE • The Eternity Engine • Odamex • SLADE • SRB2 • Zandronum • ZDoom|
|More: See our WikiNode|