|Authors||Joshua O'Sullivan et al.|
Eviternity is a 32-level megawad for MBF-compatible source ports, created by Joshua O'Sullivan (Dragonfly). It was released on 10 December, 2018, the 25th anniversary of Doom's release, alongside the OTEX texture pack by Ola Björling (ukiro), which the WAD uses exclusively.
Eviternity began development in March 2018, with much of O'Sullivan's design process being livestreamed on Twitch. Several guest mappers were also brought in to help fill out the map roster. The WAD is divided into six episodes - referred to internally as chapters - each with a distinct theme showcasing OTEX's versatility. The final version was released on 10 February, 2019, and was simultaneously uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- Nightmare demon
- A dark teal variant of the demon, the nightmare demon has greatly increased movement speed over its regular counterpart, and has twice as much health, allowing it to tank a direct hit from the rocket launcher or a full super shotgun blast. It replaces the helper dog.
- Former captain
- This new addition to the zombie roster can be distinguished by its teal armour and beret. It is an upgrade of the chaingunner, with 80 hit points, it attacks by firing a short burst of fast-moving bullet projectiles which deal heavy damage. These same projectiles replace the arachnotron's plasma attack, whilst the captain replaces the Wolfenstein SS.
- Astral cacodemon
- This grey cacodemon variant attacks by first violently swerving out of its expected path before releasing a spread of three mancubus fireballs and a cacodemon projectile. This monster became notorious after the first public release for its brutality, though it was slightly weakened later. It has 400 hit points and replaces Commander Keen.
- A cyber-baron armed with a rocket launcher and a chaingun. It will always attack with the rocket launcher first, allowing the player to run for cover or trigger its pain state before it switches to the chaingun. It has 1100 health and replaces the baron of Hell.
- An angel corrupted by the influence of Hell, Archangelus serves as the final boss of Eviternity. It flies around its arena at high speed and uses the arch-vile's flame attack, as well as the bullet burst of the former captain. If the player triggers its pain state, it will also summon a few extra monsters for support. This boss has two phases, and becomes more aggressive in its second phase. The first phase has 10000 health and the second has 5000. The initial "resting" state of the boss replaces Romero's head.
In addition to the new monsters, lost souls have their health reduced to 45 from 100, allowing them to be dispatched much more easily. The pistol is also upgraded, with an increased rate of fire.
All levels designed by Joshua O'Sullivan (Dragonfly) except where noted otherwise.
Chapter I: Archaic
Chapter II: Automation
Chapter III: Crystalline
Chapter IV: Brutality
Chapter V: Descension
Chapter VI: Hallowed