STDISK visible in-game.
| This is a screenshot of a game in the Doom series. The design and artwork depicted in the screenshot are under the copyright of id Software, ZeniMax Media, their licensees, and/or their distributors, and are displayed here under "fair use". The creator of the screenshot claims no additional copyright on the composition of the image.
It is believed that the use of such screenshots in the Doom Wiki qualifies as fair use because:
- No freely licensed equivalent can exist. In some cases, the software's functionality could conceivably be replicated by a free alternative, but such an alternative would be insufficient to the Doom Wiki's goal of documenting the original creative work.
- The screenshot is used to convey ideas which cannot be adequately represented by text alone, as part of a journalistic or analytical discussion about some aspect of the software, or a historical record of its context in the Doom community. The image is never used in a purely decorative manner.
- The screenshots included in the Doom Wiki represent a trivially small portion of the original copyrighted media, which in no way replaces the reader's experience of using the software. Therefore, their reproduction here does not infringe on the market role of the copyrighted publication.
- The image was captured by the person who uploaded it.
- The graphics are unmodified from their original form, possibly excepting simple labeling and scaling.
- For each image on the Doom Wiki, an associated description page attributes its source and details the rationale for fair use of copyrighted material. This description page is easily accessible whenever the image is presented in an article.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:05, 2 September 2015||1,600 × 1,200 (45 KB)||Shambler (talk | contribs)||STDISK visible in-game.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
The following page links to this file: