|Initial release||3.5.0 (2018-07-30, 3 years ago)|
|Latest release||3.8.2 (2019-07-12, 2 years ago)|
|Available in||English (United States)|
|License||GNU General Public License v3|
GZDoom Vintage, also known as GZDoom Legacy was a temporary fork of the GZDoom source port version 3.4.1 centered around lower end computer's by drfrag. As GZDoom moved away to OpenGL 3 as a hardware requirement, a Vintage build was created for users still running with OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics cards.
The Vintage build was included whenever the latest GZDoom was released, starting from version 3.5.0. However, from version 3.7.2 (Released January 20, 2019) onwards, the time frames began to deviate, as did the discrepancy in features. Because of this, GZDoom Vintage was then released independently by drfrag from the main source release. Eventually, GZDoom Vintage was merged into another port drfrag was working on with a similar scope, LZDoom.
- All the features from GZDoom 3.4.1 (ACS, ZScript) to 3.7.2
- OpenGL 2.0 based renderer:
- Full 3D floors (including slopes)
- Reflective floors
- Dynamic lights, brightmaps, glowing flats, custom hardware shaders
- Quake II and Half-Life-style skyboxes in addition to regular ZDoom skyboxes
- Optional High-quality (HQnX) rescaling filters for graphics, sprites and textures
- MD2, MD3 and DMD model support
- Several fixes to mods to maintain compatibility
- A host of other subtle improvements (Low detail mode, etc)