Revision as of 14:48, 7 October 2016 by Quasar (→Help with the games themselves: Missing tutorial link)
This is the main help hub for the Doom Wiki at DoomWiki.org.
Help with the games themselves
- If you can't get Doom running, see How to play Doom on modern Windows systems, How to download and run Doom, or Doom on legacy systems.
- For help on loading PWADs, see How to play or start wads.
- The articles on monsters and weapons include general gameplay tips.
- For hints and walkthroughs, start with Levels and navigate to the desired map.
- If you're making your own levels, Editing has instructions on using popular features.
Browsing the wiki
- Entryway includes a basic topic index.
- Special:Categories and Special:CategoryTree are much larger, disorganized topic indexes.
Contributing to the wiki
- New contributors should read our FAQ, which is mostly about wiki editing.
- For basic editing instructions:
- Check out our list of common editing mistakes as a quick reference.
- Some markup and interface features are particularly challenging, such as:
- A few secondary reference works are listed in Doom Wiki:Source material.
- Contributors should review our copyright policy, especially before uploading images.
More information about DoomWiki.org
- Overview of project goals
- Policies and guidelines
- Page validation, a major technical change from the Wikia days
- Spam, information about our efforts to keep the wiki clean of garbage.