MAP03: The Master of Disaster (SkePLand)
Revision as of 06:40, 11 January 2022 by XymphBot (talk | contribs) (Automated edit - add cat w/o soundtrack info)
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
MAP03: The Master of Disaster is the third and final map of SkePLand. It was designed by Vladimir Monakhov (skepticist) and uses the music track "".
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- West of the blue key is a megasphere on a high ledge. To reach it, go to the courtyard southwest from where it is that has an evil eye. Use the fountain where the evil eye is, then attempt to go south so that the barrier at the east end of the courtyard lowers (if you have not done this already). Go east and north to the door, then use the switch a bit west from there. Open the door and head north to see a lift rising. Take it to reach a megasphere. (sector 198)
- In the water at the south end of the map, go through the northeast door and use the lift at the north end. Ride it up, then head to the window. Carefully walk off to a tiny ledge below, then head south through the wall to get a computer area map. (sector 478)
- At the southeast end of the map, head to the east end and in the southeast corner you will find some blood and guts near a wall that has scratches on it. Use this wall to make a lift lower. Head west and out of this area, then west a bit, then jump north to the lowered ledge that has a chaingunner and a soul sphere. (sector 552)
- At the southwest end of the map, go to the hall that has arachnotrons and head east, then north to the steps. You need to jump northwest from the edge of the steps to the water where the chaingunners are. From there, head north to get a soul sphere through the waterfall. (sector 973)
- Near the west end of the map is a room with a blood pit. You can access this blood pit by opening a door at the north side of the room near the revenants and teleporting to the platform with the arch-vile and a rocket launcher, then dropping in. A switch is on the east side, which actually lowers a teleporter near the rocket launcher. This teleporter is extremely tough to actually reach, as you need to return to the platform with the arch-vile to even reach it (try getting a speed boost from an arch-vile attack while the door to the teleporter is open). If you make it, head down the path and drop to a block that contains boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 1144)
- In the northernmost room that has a BFG9000, the switch block with the impaled human lowers the block, a wall to the right, as well as a pentagram south of there. Use the switch, then wait a bit, then press it again so that only the block lowers. Wait a bit again and use the switch while the block is down so that the pentagram wall lowers, then ride the block up and run to the wall behind the pentagram. On this ledge, face north and shoot at the pole to the north, as there is a hidden red button you need to shoot there. Doing it right will cause a door to open. Use the block switch one last time and head east, then northeast to get boxes of rockets. (sector 1534)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||25:39.74||Aleks Shahov (Plut)||2021-01-08||sk3-2539.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 1, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: