MAP04: The Focus (Doom 2 In Name Only)
Revision as of 13:16, 3 April 2022 by XymphBot (→Speedrunning: Automated edit - Update DSDA map records)
|Doom 2 In Name Only maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Once you go around to the door on the opposite end of the valley, go to where the armor bonuses and stimpacks are up against the wall. Make a running jump southwest to the nukage at the top end here and follow it until you reach a teleporter. This takes you to another ledge overlooking the valley with stimpacks and the super shotgun. (sector 48)
- A misaligned wall on the right side of the yellow key room hides a chainsaw. (sector 184)
- Inside the exit room, there is another switch to the left of the door. Press it and get out of the exit room where the two brown walls on the left and right sides have lowered. Ride either of them up and jump across to the elevated ledge where the imps were to get a backpack (sector 161). Note that the switch in the exit room can only be used once.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 215)
- facing south-east. (thing 216)
- facing west. (thing 217)
- facing east. (thing 218)
- facing west. (thing 219)
- facing east. (thing 220)
- facing north-west. (thing 221)