MAP06: Inferno of Blood (No Rest for the Living)
|No Rest for the Living maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP06. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP06.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Directly ahead of the starting point is a demonic pentagram. To the left is a switch to open it, on the corresponding wall to the left is a wall that can be opened to reveal five armour bonuses.
- Continue through the level until you see the blue keycard move out of sight. Cross the stepping stones in the blood stream, turn left. Follow this to the end, and press the back wall to find some health bonuses.
- Take the door into the redbrick ruins. In the northwest corner is a Plasma gun. Get it by following the wall to the east, and pressing the corresponding switch.
- On the southern wall - opposite the plasma gun found in Secret 3, is a wall which can be opened to find more goodies.
- Taking the western approach to the yellow keycard room is a spur leading further into the redbrick ruins. There is a Security Armour atop one of the blood waterfalls. Follow the path north and west, pushing the wall at the end. There will be a staircase for you to climb to reach the Security Armour.
- Collect the armour noted in Secret 5. Turn around, and walk down the first flight of steps. Turn left ninety degrees, and open the wall to find some more health bonuses.
- Grab the yellow keycard, and hold. Wait until the door closes behind you, then hit it. The platform holding the Supercharge drops, allowing it to be collected.
- Enter the yellow door; follow the cavern taking the left fork first, then the right fork. The lavarocks is a damaging floor, move onto it, turn to the right, and enter the cave to find a megaarmour.
- From the yellow door, follow the cavern taking the right fork. Enter the blue door, ahead of you will be a platform with a medkit and a box of rockets with a Mancubus standing guard. Press the wall behind it to reveal a staircase littered with health bonuses and an Automap at the end.
- As you face the blue door leading to the exit chamber, turn to the left and look at the torch. Drop into the blood river beside it, pressing the back wall of the sheltered area. This will open the area visbile from Secret 9, holding an invisibility sphere and ammunition.
- Solve the puzzle in the room discovered in Secret 10, involving raising and lowering switches. Once you've hit the switch to the left of the rising/lowering blocks, the wall beyond lowers to reveal another switch. Throw it, and return to where you first saw the torch indicating the location of the secret room. Turn left, and head towards the redbrick ruins again. On the way, you will notice that the three pillars blocking access to the cave have lifted, giving you access to the BFG. Oh, yes!
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: