MAP09: The Great Library (Legacy of Heroes)
Revision as of 11:26, 12 December 2021 by XymphBot (talk | contribs) (→Speedrunning: Automated edit - Update DSDA map records; rm empty Misc section)
|Legacy of Heroes maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP09: The Great Library is the ninth map of Legacy of Heroes. It was designed by gaspe and uses the music track "Blood Red Shadows," originally composed by Aubrey Hodges for Doom 64.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the start, head south down the steps until you get past the arch, then quickly run up the stairs and to the right. Go across the green block and wait for it to rise up, then press on its right side. Quickly ascend the steps and go to the balcony. Press on the indentation, then head back down. If you did it right, there should be a teleporter when you lower the green block again. Take it to reach a computer area map. (sector 1449)
- Head north from the blue key area at the southwest part of the map, then east, and keep going east into the dark room. A switch is in the adjacent room. After you use it, go back to the southwest room and go east and head east from there to the big water room. Two blocks will have risen here. Cross over them to the east and head around to find a door. The teleporter behind the door will teleport you to the northeast part of the map. (sector 506)
- Take the teleporter in Secret #2, then press on the side of the wall with the X on it directly behind you. This will briefly lower a block to the south. Run into the alcove to get a box of rockets and ten armor bonuses. (sector 1243)
- From the room in Secret #3, head west through two doors, then descend the steps to the north and west. Take the lift at the west side and face east as it rises. There is a switch to the east, and it is possible to shoot this switch despite the bars blocking you as well as the brown pole also blocking the way. When you shoot the switch, a nearby lift lowers. Drop down to find armor bonuses and a soul sphere. (sector 1318)
- At the western area of the map with blue bars, take the steps going north. Get past the bookshelves and climb the next set of steps you see. Press on the middle bookshelf and go through the teleporter. (sector 1005)
- From Secret #5, walk backwards to reach a secret room. Press the switch at the northwest end, then quickly get on a lift at the southeast end. Go through the translucent wall to teleport to the ledge on the west side. The two brown poles in front of you have hidden switches at the bottom, the one nearest to you has a switch at the south end, and the furthest one has a switch at the north end. The switch at the nearest pole lowers the furthest pole and it reveals a hidden switch where you teleported. The switch at the furthest pole actually reveals a hidden switch behind the nearest pole. The hidden switch revealed by the nearest pole lowers that pole, while the switch behind that pole opens up a hidden room to the northeast. If you manage to get to that switch before it closes off, you can then make an angled jump to enter that room and get a BFG9000. (sector 508)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:28.54||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2019-03-22||lh09p028.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV pacifist||0:28.54||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2019-03-22||lh09p028.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 12, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: