MAP20: Inverti in Darkness (Sunlust)
|Sunlust maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
The exit kills the player, forcing a pistol start of the next map.
- After you get the red key and use the red key switch on the starting platform, a small room opens just to the east with ammo and a soulsphere (on UV). From the inside, on the right of the entrance, there's a shootable switch which gives access to two more rooms to the west of the starting platform. (sector 32)
- At one point, you'll skirt the eastern edge of the map in a northerly direction, then turn west into a small oval room with a switch (which, unusually, does not release a huge ambush) and two mancubi. To the north of this room, accessible via an opening to the east, there is a lava pit with a round column on its southerly side. Entering or exiting the oval room lowers a lift on the north side of the column which leads to a teleporter leading to a secret. (sector 948)
- In the area marked EXIT in the northeast which leads to a teleporter to the final fight in the level, there are two platforms (sector 320) with items on them, visible once you have gone up the stairs. There is an obvious blue key switch in this room which lowers them. The blue key is not needed to finish the level; it is in the (entirely optional) area in the southwest of the level opened by the red key switch. On each side of the entrance to this area, there are round goop pools leading to side areas; on the northern side, a switch lowers a lift which leads to the key.
- In the area mentioned in the previous secret, going through the goop pool on the south side of the entrance leads to a large cave with pillars and a goop waterfall on its southern side. This can be walked through, but is too high to reach from the ground; ride the lift in this area, and it's possible to straferun off the platform into a secret. (sector 1221)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on 15 January, 2018.
Inspiration and development
The level's name is likely derived from the song "Inverti in Darkness" by the amateur Japanese musician Kei Kunihiro.