MAP23: Hell's Gymnasium (Perdition's Gate)
|Perdition's Gate maps|
|World of the Ancients|
|World of Wonders|
MAP23: Hell's Gymnasium is the twenty third map of Perdition's Gate.
Plot: You're moving into yet another fortified area. Whatever lies beyond must be big, the most valued technology stolen from destroyed cicilizations.
Pick up the large amount of supplies and head into the arena flanked by two large cages of monsters, many of which will teleport down to greet you. Press the switch on the small tower at the opposite end of the arena to raise stairs up into the cages where you will find the red and blue keys.
Climb the small stairs back near where you entered the arena up to the blue and yellow bars. Open them and press the switch behind them to lower the cages revealing a number of monsters behind them.
Head to the top of newly exposed area on the right to find a small alcove containing a teleporter which will take you up into the small tower in the middle of the arena. Jump off the tower and a wall will open in front of you, behind which is the red key. A cyberdemon and couple of arch-viles will teleport into the arena once you do.
Head to the top left of the arena to find the red bars, behind which is the exit.
Other points of interestEdit
- In the left of the start room is a small secret containing a plasma rifle. (sector 66)
- Up behind the blue and yellow bars, one will find a medikit half embedded in a wall. The wall is a fake one and can be walked through to a small alcove overlooking the arena. There are no items or power ups here though. There are two secret sectors here, one immediately behind the fake wall (sector 62) and the other is the actual alcove. (sector 61)
- See secret #2.
Areas / screenshotsEdit
Routes and tricksEdit
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 133)
- facing north. (thing 137)
- facing south. (thing 138)
- facing west. (thing 139)
- facing east. (thing 140)