MAP24: Deaf Kamikaze (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 21-30|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Step on the teleporter in front of you to arrive on a path with a demon - do not shoot it yet as you will alert a cyberdemon on your left and risk being hit by its rockets. Step round the demon and follow the path to a door, open it and kill the monsters waiting behind it (including a revenant on your left), then step through and turn left to collect a megaarmor. Run up the nearby steps to the cyberdemon's ledge then quickly step round it to find the yellow keycard. Backtrack to where you teleported in and go through the door here to confront an arch-vile and two revenants that have teleported in, then head west and open another door (requiring the yellow key) and kill some imps, chaingunners and a demon that rise from the floor before pressing the gargoyle switch by the fenced window. This will cause a second cyberdemon to appear just outside the window.
Go back to the door leading to the cyberdemon's platform to find that a wooden pillar has lowered to reveal a teleporter - step into it to enter an area with two revenants, take the backpack here then head west into a tunnel which you should follow until you can turn left to confront a mancubus. Go past the mancubus and follow the blood river until you see the blue skull key and a rocket launcher sitting on a bloody step on your right. After taking the key, use the rocket launcher to hold back some revenants and Hell knights that teleport in until a set of bars next to the blue key lower, allowing you to teleport back to the south-east corner of the level where some demons and chaingunners have appeared. Go through the door to the cyberdemon's platform again; next to the steps is a lion switch that requires the blue key and will lower a set of bars elsewhere in the level.
Go through the door again, step into the teleporter you used earlier then head west into the tunnel that led to the blue key - this time, keep heading west past an arachnotron until you find some health bonuses around an impaled corpse then turn right to go through a doorway (which opened when you pressed the lion switch earlier). Once you enter the building, climb the steps on your right then step over a gray platform to a chain switch - pull it, kill the knight that is revealed behind you then go down the steps and pull a second chain switch that was hidden behind some bars. This will lower the gray platform you stepped over earlier, but also cause an arch-vile to appear behind you - kill it then step past the gray platform to a third chain switch which will reveal a chaingunner on your left when pulled and lower a pillar holding the red skull key. Go back outside and follow the blood pool round to find the key.
With the red key, kill the arch-vile that appears behind you as well as revenants, barons of Hell, cacodemons and pain elemental that teleport in from the tunnel then head east back to the area where you first teleported in and climb the steps to a satyr switch that requires the red key. Press it then go back to where you found the blue key, kill or avoid the third cyberdemon that has appeared here and step into the teleporter here to return to the south-east corner. Kill the arch-vile that has appeared here then follow the path north to find that a second teleporter has lowered - step on it, then head forward to another teleporter with a berserk pack on it to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Press the switch next to the yellow key door, then head east to find that a pillar holding a super shotgun has lowered.
- After using the switch next to the yellow key door, go back east and you will be able to go out to the north into the blood. Carefully go off the ledge, but not into the blood, and you will hear something open. Find the alcove near the east door to see some eyes. Shoot at them before they close off, then head outside to the west to get a box of shotgun shells. (sector 145)
- After removing the blue bars at the northern-most area, enter the area behind them and you will see more bars to the north with a switch behind them. Look to the left of that switch and shoot the skull wall to open a door which is at the top of the steps nearby, near another switch. There is a skull switch behind that door that will open a teleporter to the east, allowing you to telefrag the cyberdemon. (sector 494) Note that if you use the switch to open the bars and go towards the switch near the shootable wall, bars will block access to the secret itself.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 362)
- facing north-west. (thing 363)
- facing south-east. (thing 364)
- facing south-west. (thing 365)