MAP26: Dis 2000 (Hell Revealed II)
|Hell Revealed II maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Grab the shotgun and prepare to fight a flock of imps. After that, open the door, looking out for the ambush at the midway point. You will find yourself at the main area which looks very familiar. This will function as a hub, but the majority of the area is covered with damaging lava, so you might want to stay on the marble ledges. Several chaingunners (shotgun guys on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) will be on the other ledges as you enter this area, so kill them before proceeding. You need to reach the northern part of the hub, pressing the gargoyle switch going to the next hall. Open the next door and kill the barons of Hell and mancubi along the way. In the middle of the open cloister is a spider mastermind guarding the red skull key. Kill it and take the key, watching out for cacodemons who appear on the marble pillars in the corners of the cloister.
After getting the key, return to the hub and head for the east side, which is now open and filled with revenants. Also watch out for mancubi wandering in the lava. Kill the barons of Hell guarding the red door and head into the next chamber. There are a lot of mancubi here, and in the middle of the pentagram is the yellow skull key. Grabbing it triggers some monsters behind columns (a cyberdemon and three arch-viles on Ultra Violence or higher, for example), so be prepared when you pick up the key. The eastern column holds a switch that when flipped, opens up the western section of the hub.
There will probably be more mancubi in the hub, so dispose of them and get to the western side and kill the arachnotrons in front of the lift. Take it up and kill the mancubi in the blue key chamber. To get the key, go to the southern door, and press the skull switch in the hallway that follows. You will trigger an arch-vile, spectres, and chaingunners, but also lower the blue key pedestal. Return to the hub one final time and you will have to face off against four spiderdemons. After killing them, open any of the blue doors in the middle and press any of the switches to lower the exit.
Other points of interest
Inside the cloister with the red key, the outer walkways have three paths you could take leading to supplies. The left walkway has a door that does not hold anything fancy, but it does open up the right side. Kill the chaingunners and barons of Hell inside, then press the switch, prepared to fight against several revenants and more barons. Return to the cloister halls and head to the right side for a hallway with a plasma gun and several ambushes, including spectres and arch-viles. There is a teleporter leading out. To access the northern area, head into the cloister itself and press the lion switch to lower the block. Head through the next door (despite it having red skull markings around it, you actually do not need the red key to open the door). Kill the Hell knights, imps, and barons of Hell inside the room. Press the switch so you can leave the room, and you will also have to contend with mancubi on the walls. As you head out, there will be a teleporter to your left, taking you back to the entrance of the cloister.
North of the yellow key chamber, open up the yellow door and kill the demons. You will see the BFG9000 in the middle of a room. Grabbing the gun triggers a trap in which chaingunners on the walls around you and barons to show up behind you. Shoot the eastern gargoyle switch to raise a step so you can hop over the bars blocking you from leaving the trap.
- Open the door leading into the main part of the level. About midway through the hallway, you will be ambushed by Hell knights. When that happens, backtrack to the starting room and there will be two alcoves open, containing a super shotgun and a backpack. The two alcoves count as one secret. (sector 219)
- In the outer halls of the cloister, head through the door on the left side, and find the switch there. That will open up the right side. Follow the hallway to the plasma gun, but open up the marble face behind it to get an energy cell pack. (sector 108)
- In the same general area as Secret #2, you will find yourself locked in, with a teleporter leading out. Take this teleporter to go back to the cloister halls, but return to the same hallway and press the gargoyle switch to open the wall. You do not need to go back in this hallway again, instead go in the courtyard and press the lion switch. There will be an opening to the left that is now open with a backpack, an armor, a soul sphere, and plenty of ammo. (sector 205)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:18.80||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-02-11||h226-218.zip|
|UV max||7:10.34||Ricardo Bischoff (Rizera)||2011-08-30||h226-710.zip|
|NM 100S||4:02.60||Artem Safronov (SAV88)||2020-12-29||h226s402.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 5, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 836)
- facing north. (thing 838)
- facing north. (thing 840)
- facing north. (thing 842)
- facing north. (thing 844)
- facing north. (thing 846)
- facing north. (thing 848)
- facing north. (thing 850)