MAP29: Hell's Cauldron (Hell Revealed II)
|Hell Revealed II maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
For this map, you should keep your supplies handy and your health and ammo up, as it is one giant linear path all the way to the end. You will be fighting lots of monsters along the way, so make sure you are able to handle them. The exit is in the center of a large pit at the center of the map, guarded by a spider mastermind, arachnotrons, mancubi, imps, and Hell knights.
Other points of interest
- Before the bridge over lava at the beginning, a section of brown rock wall is textured differently. Lower it for a teleporter and you will obtain a megasphere and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 72)
- After crossing through the cavern and just before the thin ledges with Hell knights on them, look to the north of the rocket boxes. You can see a megasphere below, accessible by a very thin ledge. Carefully drop on and traverse the ledge to get the megasphere. (sector 186)
- When you cross the jagged staircase to the south, just slightly after it bends westward you can drop south for an invulnerability. (sector 189)
- Behind the switch at the top of the jagged staircase is a BFG9000. (sector 106)
- Towards the southeastern part of the map is a large lava pit with cacodemons in it. Jump in it, and find a snippet of a teleporter in the southwestern part of the pit. This will take you to an alcove where you will acquire an invulnerability. (sector 134)
Sector 172 is a lava-filled sector in the southeastern part of the map. However, its sector effect is 17, which is non-damaging. Also sector 58 is comprised of two lava pits on the eastern side of the map (both of the lava pits on both sides of the bridge to the north and south, but not the lava pits around the bridge itself). They both do not have sector effects and are also non-damaging lava pits.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV -fast||32:07.71||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2005-12-01||h229f3207.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
|UV speed TAS||1:19.86||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-02-24||h229x119.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This is the only map in Hell Revealed 2 that does not contain any deathmatch starts.