nxDoom is a source port of Doom for the Sega Dreamcast, written by BlackAura. It was first released on August 8, 2002 and worked on till October 31, 2002 with the latest release being Beta 2.2. Despite remaining in beta since, NxDoom remains a popular choice for addons, with mapsets and total conversions like Batman Doom, Strain, All Hell is Breaking Loose and more being playable on the Dreamcast.
nxDoom is based on DoomDC by crt0 and DCGrendel.
- Supports the registered and shareware versions of Doom, The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom
- Support for PWADs
- DeHacked patch support (90% of patches known to work)
- Boom Extended patches (BEX) support. This allows mapsets like Community Chest to be playable
- Music tracker sampled music support for the following module formats: IT, XM. These can be used to replicate soundsets where midi is unavailable
- Supports saving to the Visual Memory Unit
|Source code genealogy|