sfdoom (also called SF-Doom) is a source port created by Simon Howard (Fraggle) which was a forerunner of SMMU. It was derived from DOSDoom by Chi Hoang. It contained several features that would later be rewritten in SMMU, including a console, colored lighting, start map, and basic scripting. SMMU, though not directly derived from sfdoom, was intended as a rewrite of the project, and started out initially with the same name as its forerunner. After SMMU development was started, sf-doom was left abandoned.
Detailed list of new features
Note: Taken directly from SFDoom.txt
- Translucency on various objects (imp fireballs etc) and on middle textures of 2-sided linedefs (temporary debug thing)
- Coloured lighting through 6 new sector types (red, green, blue, 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue)
- Console with several commands added including:
-"name" - player name -"chasecam" - turn on chasecam -"autorun" - Autorun mode so you don't have to press shift :) -"respawnsuper" - Option to respawn super powerups (invis, invuln) -"map" - Change level ie. "map 23" warps to map23 -"fov" - Change the field of view
- New linedef types to let you activate console commands when you walk across linedefs.
- Quake-style "start map",
- Sound code from Boom
- SMMU webpage by Simon Howard; includes some information about sfdoom
- sfdoom binary, 2nd release, released 5/2/1999, on Simon Howard's webpage
- sfdoom source code, on Simon Howard's webpage
|Source code genealogy|
|sfdoom|| Base for|