|Add a screenshot and caption|
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the south end of the map, go north to a bridge over the brown slime, then drop off to the slime to the east. From there, head east and climb up to reach a fountain of stimpacks. (sector 421)
- In the northern room with the four blocks, in order to open up a secret teleporter, run from the teleporter that led you to the room into the room with the four blocks and press the switch at the leftmost block (on the south side) before it closes. Then quickly press the switch at the north end of the rightmost block, then the switch on the south side of the block to the left of it, then the switch on the north side of the next block to the left of that. Doing this will open a teleporter taking you to the east side of the map. Head out and west a bit, then use the skull switch on the east wall. After doing so, quickly run northeast to the lowered brown lift and take it up. At the top you will find ammo, a stimpack, and a medikit. (sector 678)
- From Secret #2, you need to run and jump north to the ledge with candles. Doing this right will immediately raise the ledge to a secret area with a BFG9000 (backpack on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower), health bonuses, an armor bonus, ammo clips, and an energy cell (soul sphere on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower). (sector 744)
- In the small brown slime pool with either two pain elementals on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower or a spider mastermind on higher settings, enter the alcove at the east side and use the north wall to find a teleporter which will allow you to telefrag a mancubus. Turn around when you teleport to find armor bonuses and either a soul sphere or an energy cell and a box of shotgun shells depending on your skill level. (sector 856)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.