For archived discussions, see /Archive.
Ally with Commander Keen wiki?
I remember at one point there was somewhat of a push to find other independent wiki sites for related topics to do link exchanges with, still evidenced by the "Affiliates" link at the bottom of the front page. Has the Commander Keen wiki on shikadi.net ever been considered/approached for something of this nature? Are we still doing this general kind of thing? -- ETTiNGRiNDER (talk) 19:18, 10 December 2018 (CST)
- Sure, why not? If it's community-based, copyleft, and retrogamer-friendly, we're already in the same neighborhood even without the developer heritage. :> You'll have to ask Quasar for the exact procedure, and it can take a while to coordinate with the external admins. Since it's id-related, perhaps it even belongs here? HTH. Ryan W (living fossil) 07:19, 10 June 2020 (CDT)
What's the difference between article and page ?
Just a newbie question for someone who is totally new to this wiki system but still finds the system quite attractive and organized.
- According to the MediaWiki documentation:
- By default, a page is counted as an article when:
- it's in the main namespace (meaning its title doesn't have a prefix like "User:" or "Talk:"),
- it contains at least one internal wikilink (e.g. the text "Main Page" creates a wikilink to the page titled "Main Page"), and
- it isn't a redirect.