Welcome to Gauss's talk page. Please end your comments with ~~~~ to add your signature, so everybody knows who said what.
Map articles & images
If you have access to the PSX Final Doom maps as .wad files then maybe we can cooperate. My tooling can easily generate article skeletons with statistics, as well as map view images.
- Sadly not as PSX Final Doom stores its maps in ROM format, and I don't have the tools or knowledge to extract them. Team GEC would know how but I can't figure out their tools. Gauss (talk) 07:08, 9 January 2021 (CST)
- Sure. I'll look at that after I write up the Plutonia articles. Gauss (talk) 13:15, 19 January 2021 (CST)
- In scanning updates, I noticed MAP17 doesn't have secret descriptions yet. Not sure if that's the only straggler. KUTGW. --Xymph (talk) 05:03, 21 January 2021 (CST)
If you'd install DeePsea, that allows you to search for secret sectors by type 9 (F4, 3) or in sectors mode jump (J) to the numbers already listed in the skeleton article. After finding them in the map layout, you may more easily be able to describe how to reach them. The editor is old but unfortunately SLADE doesn't offer these types of search functionality (AFAIK). --Xymph (talk) 06:46, 7 February 2021 (CST)
- I use Ultimate Doom Builder for most of my mapwork, but that's not the problem here - actually getting to the secrets legitimately was. A check on the map editor showed no teleporters or hidden doors for any of the secrets, so I reached two of them by jumping. Secret #3 did not seem to be reachable and as I had no idea if my method was correct, I left the secrets blank.
- (Fun fact: (G)ZDoom supports a SECRETS lump that can tell you how to reach all the secrets in a given map. If only more maps used it.) Gauss (talk) 07:32, 7 February 2021 (CST)
MoC's first episode name is The Dark Tower, not Dark Tower. So grammatically, the phrase "the <name> episode" is correct hence I used that for the other two episodes. But "the The Dark Tower episode" would be awkward so I intentionally change the wording order in all such cases. Now that you're reversing it, I'm wondering whether re-associating the article "The" from the name to the noun "episode" is grammatically correct when leaving it capitalized, while lowercasing it would change in effect the episode name itself. My command of the English language doesn't stretch that far. Could you comment? Btw, I forgot to italicize the names, that also plays into this situation. --Xymph (talk) 06:51, 20 February 2021 (CST)
- I also find it weird to see "the The", but I think you're probably right. I've done all the walkthroughs I had saved for now so if you change them back and italicise them, that should clear up any confusion. Gauss (talk) 07:24, 20 February 2021 (CST)