Hi, and welcome to the wiki. Your energy to create map articles manually is appreciated, but so far the results struggle to follow the wiki's conventions, and thus create a lot of clutter in Recent Changes. They are better left to automation, I'll do them via User:XymphBot today. --Xymph (talk) 04:24, 22 September 2021 (CDT)
- Thank you for messaging me regarding my efforts to populate AUGUR:ZENITH articles. I don't know if there's a reply button (if there is I couldn't find it), so I thought I would just reply to you by sending you a message (I hope that's ok).
- I was actually wondering if there was an automated script that could make map articles more efficiently than I, but I searched yesterday and today and could not really find it, so I resorted to doing my best manually (while still using DMMPST to the best of my abilities, obviously).
- I apologize about any mess. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rasa (talk • contribs) .
- That's okay, I understand this can look a little overwhelming to new contributors. And replies go into the same page/thread as the initial message, nested like above, instead of the messenger's talk page. Using DMMPST is of course great :) but it is best applied manually only for single-level WAD articles, leaving map series to my bot account. --Xymph (talk) 04:45, 22 September 2021 (CDT)
- Alright, I appreciate your patience. I will cease any editing of individual map articles until the bot generates them (I would love to eventually add walkthroughs for some secrets which I assume the bot will not do automatically) My manual creation of the main wad article itself was acceptable, right? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rasa (talk • contribs) .
- Well, after additional edits by Lokbustam257 and myself, it is now. ;) But yes, those can never be created automatically. Map articles can be expanded after the initial skeleton is fleshed out (like Haruspex started doing in DBP01). Lastly, don't "unsign" messages but sign them (also available on the toolbar as 9th button from the left). --Xymph (talk) 05:43, 22 September 2021 (CDT)
- Alright, I appreciate your attention in that matter. I've never opened a demo in my life so I was probably days away from completing that section. Other than that yeah, I'm pretty happy with how augzen's page turned out. I just felt like the wad deserved one which is the main reason I even registered, though now that I'm here I'll probably learn a bit more and try to contribute where there's room.--Rasa (talk) 06:15, 22 September 2021 (CDT)
- Just as an update - it seems like your bot has completed his part, so I'm going to go ahead and begin adding in secret walkthroughs manually (though this may take a while). --Rasa (talk) 16:22, 22 September 2021 (CDT)
You making Auger Zenith maps page manually?Edit
Hi, I recently notice you are making page for Auger Zenith, great! But I also notice you are uploading images for Auger Zenith maps and making the maps pages for AZ (also spamming the recent changes tab), my advice is: Stop doing it. The reason I added maplinkgen thing to the maps list in the AZ page are to make XymphBot (which is a Xymph's magic bot) automatically generate the map pages for you, so you don't have to waste 5 hours making the map pages :) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lokbustam257 (talk • contribs) .