ACS mini game
An ACS Mini Game is game made with ACS for playing with in a Doom port (often ZDoom). A craze was started by Andrew Stine (Linguica) and "Doom Racer" mini-game inside Action Doom, which was an ACS version of Rad Racer.
Games that have been made
- Andrew Stine (Linguica), as stated, started the craze with "Doom Racer". Linguica also created an ACS version of Tetris named Doomtris.
- James Bauer (Isle) created Pong and a near exact replica of Doom 3's Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 in ACS. He also created Doom Hunt, a variation of Duck Hunt with Doom graphics, which can be found in his ACS minigame pack called ACS Arcade.
- Jan Cholasta (Grubber) created an ACS version of Arkanoid.
- Brit Willoughby created Cannons, a co-op PWAD that runs in Hexen, unlike most minigames. You use switches on a platform to aim a cannon at the other player, trying to shoot said player down. It is also notable for being one of the earliest ACS minigames, with its release on January 20, 1996.
- Adam Landefeld and Rich Nagel created Scorched Hell, a variant of the game Scorched Earth, expanding upon Willoughby's original idea. Like Cannons, Scorched Hell runs as a PWAD in Hexen and does not require ZDoom to function.