|The starting area|
This level occupies the map slot E1M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M4.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The door before the switch that raises the first bridge counts as a secret. It is impossible to get credit for this secret as it is too narrow. (sector 17)
- The door before the switch that raises the second bridge counts as a secret. It is impossible to get credit for this secret as it is too narrow. (sector 36)
- After entering the main castle, the path turns west through three doors. Between the first two is a secret door to the north leading to a room containing an imp. (sector 70)
- The large room in the west of the castle has two doors to the east. The northern one leads to a dark room with a medikit and an imp. This room has a secret door on the north wall (marked with a misaligned texture) leading to a teleporter to a room with 17 health bonuses and a teleporter to one of several small rooms in the south of the castle. (sector 93)
- After going through the second teleporter mentioned above, exit the room and turn left. At the top of the steps, just before the door to the west, is a secret door to the west (marked with a misaligned texture) leading to a room with a shotgun guy. This room has a secret door to the west (marked with a misaligned texture) leading to a room with an imp, a medikit, and (on hard skill) a spectre. Both these rooms count as part of the same secret sector. (sector 53)
- The teleporter leading to the exit counts as a secret. It is virtually impossible to trigger this secret as you will teleport before stepping on the sector. (sector 108)
Due to secrets #1, #2, and #6 above being too small or inaccessible, the maximum achievable secret percentage is 50%.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||5:11.49||Michael Novikov||2001-09-04||acastle2_mn.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 2, 2022.