Administration: Union Aerospace Corporate Division
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/admin|
Administration: Union Aerospace Corporate Division is the fourth level of Doom 3. The pinky demon is introduced at a cutscene. The growth taking over the base is first seen, and this is where monsters start teleporting in. The player has the first opportunity to receive a chain gun, locked inside a Martian Buddy storage cabinet. Grenades are also first available here. The player must find William Banks' PDA to continue on to Alpha Labs.
The level begins with the marine arriving at the Administration Complex. As he steps out of the elevator, a cut scene takes over and shows Counselor Swann arguing with Dr. Betruger over a video comm link. Swann states that the situation is out of control and the UAC is assuming control. Betruger is completely unfazed by the chaos surrounding him, and tells Swann that he will handle this matter on his own. He then cuts off the transmission. Jack Campbell opens up his weapons case containing the BFG and prepares to execute "plan B."
The marine fights his way from the lobby to the Alpha Labs entrance. However, the doors are locked and he must find director William Banks's PDA. He also encounters a dying marine E. Webb, who tells the marine he was ambushed and that there may still be other marine teams out there. Whether spoken with repeatedly or left alone, Webb eventually dies. After opening the Executive Office doors from the Data Library, the marine is confronted by a new enemy, the pinky demon. In addition, Sergeant Kelly contacts the marine over the radio and informs him that there is some kind of unidentified growth taking over parts of the base. This growth is later seen in Malcolm Betruger's office. The demons also demonstrate their ability to teleport here.
After acquiring Banks's PDA from Betruger's office, the marine fights his way back to the Alpha Labs doors and gains access to Alpha Labs Sector 1.
- William Banks
- Locate the PDA of William Banks For Alpha Labs Clearance
- Alan Dorweiler: Located in Alpha Labs Hallway, in the same room as cabinet.
- Jonathan Moses: Located in North Hallway, near Martian Buddy.
- William Banks: Located in Executive Offices, near the glowing circle
- Paul Simons: Located in Global Network Terminal
- Alpha Labs Introduction. Found in Alpha Labs Hallway, on a table in an office.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. There are no changes in the enemy amount in the BFG Edition.
|Machine gun Z-Sec||3||4|
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent. There are no changes in the amount of items in the BFG Edition.
|Med kit (large)||11||10||7|
* Contains bullets (36), shells (24), clip (60), grenades (10), armor (50).
There's also one health station on the level, with 100 health in reserve.
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
- Storage locker #013 - Ammunition: 586. Contains: security armor, grenades, shells (small), clip (large).
- Martian Buddy locker: 0508. Contains: chaingun, ammo belt, security armor.
- In the Alpha Labs Processing room, where the player is attacked by an imp and then by barrel-throwing zombie, the player can jump then crouch through the window that is missing a glass panel into the room with a processing device and find a backpack and some health there.
- William Banks' PDA can be used to open a locked door in an office on the way to Alpha Labs (the one with a storage crate in it). Through this door the player can access a communications room where Swann and Campbell were seen before, which has some ammo and in it, as well as an armor suit (in the corner).
- If the video monitor outside Betruger's office door is examined carefully, it can be seen to occasionally distort into an image of a pentagram over a bloody background. At the same time, the text ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE changes rapidly through a short series of corrupt, evil messages:
- DEATH-HB9Z0 1 &4ITGHL
- HELL AWAITS 2 KILL-YOU
- After obtaining William Banks' PDA, if the player decides to backtrack to the room where they first encountered the pinky demon, another one will teleport upon entering the room.