Alpha Labs - Sector 2: Union Aerospace Science Division
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/alphalabs2|
Alpha Labs - Sector 2: Union Aerospace Science Division is the sixth level of Doom 3. Trites first occur in this level soon after the first web sighting in the exit room. There is a glimpse of the Bravo Team through a window.
The marine continues the search for Bravo Team. Soon after entering Sector 2 of Alpha Labs, the marine encounters a broken door leading to a security checkpoint, and has to take detour through a rest room and vent shafts. Inside the security checkpoint the marine can use security cameras to take a look into various rooms which they will traverse through later. The marine then passes a few rooms and sees Bravo Team advancing through the facility. The marine is unable to reach them, but one of the team notices the marine and reports to Sergeant Kelly. Sergeant Kelly in turn tells the marine to go through engineering to Sector 3. On the way there, the marine passes the MFS compressor, one of the most significant UAC inventions. Eventually the marine finds Dr. Edwards, a scientist who offers to guide the marine through a very dark area (where the lights are off due to EMP activity) with the help of his lamp. However, at the end of journey Edwards is killed by an imp. In the final area the marine encounters dense webs and wrapped corpses hanging from the ceiling. Soon after, the marine is swarmed by the new enemy - trites. After fighting them while waiting for the maintenance ladder to lower the marine will find the exit to Sector 3.
- Alpha Labs Sector 3.
- Head through engineering and find the entrance to Alpha Labs Sector 3.
- Molecular Fuel Storage Compressor: Found in MFS Compressor room, on the table.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. There are no changes in the enemy amount in the BFG Edition.
|Machine gun Z-Secs||4|
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent.
* Contains bullets (48), shells (12), clip (120), grenades (6).
There are also two health stations on the level, both with 100 health in reserve.
- Storage locker #038 - Ammunition: 409. Contains: security armor, hand grenades, ammo belt, clip (large).
- Storage locker #039 - Storage: 102. Contains: security armor, clip (large) x2.
- Upon entering the first set of vent shafts, the player receives transmission from someone trapped in storage room C4. In the upper floor of the Storage and Engineering room, the player can find a secret passage by hitting one of the floor tiles (the one that is marked by scratches). Inside the passage, the player receives another transmission from said survivor, but it's extremely muffled and distorted. If the player goes further the shaft, they will encounter an imp, some supplies, and a small room with very eerie voices, but no signs of the survivor.
- There are many items hidden in the various corners of the dark area through which the player is lead by Dr. Edwards. A chaingun can be first found there, assuming the player hasn't got one from Martian Buddy box in the Administration.
- In the MFS Compressor room, the player can access another vent shaft with supplies by clicking on a button a computer panel in that room, which lowers the ladder to the shaft.