Alpha Labs - Sector 3: Union Aerospace Science Division
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/alphalabs3|
The player continues advancing through Alpha Labs. In this sector the player needs to go through an area locked by maintenance key 4, which is located in a room filled with toxic gasses emitting from some of the barrels. The player needs to use the manipulator to pick those barrels up and throw them away into the incinerator, and after doing so the player is able to pick up the key and go through the locked door. The rest of the sector is a straight forward walk through a series of rooms, although the player can enter an optional passage that contains a chaingun and armor - the player will be ambushed upon picking them up. In the last room after the player deals with multiple pinky demons, a strange unseen force throws items including a mop bucket around, breaking the glass window and allowing the player to proceed to the exit.
- Mark Lamia. Found in Hazardous Waste Disposal
- George Poota. Found in Hazardous Materials Lift
|Fat wrench zombies||1||1||1|
|Machine gun Z-Secs||4||5||5|
|Med kits (small)||5||5||4|
|Med kits (large)||8||8||7|
|Maintenance key 4||1||1||1|
There is also 1 health station on the level with 100 health in reserve.
The code to all the cabinets is the same: 123, due to incompetence of the staff.
- Storage Cabinet #047:. Contains: hand grenades, clip (large), clip (small).
- Storage Cabinet #048:. Contains: med kit (large), cells (small), bullets (large).
- Storage Cabinet #049:. Contains: ammo belt, shells (small), armor shard x5.
- There is a well hidden plasma gun on this level. To get it, the player needs to open a maintenance hatch using a control panel in Boiler Room Monitoring, then go to the previous room, enter the hatch to the left of the door, proceed through it, turn right, and push the cross-barred panel outward. The player then needs to jump on one of the pipes to the right, and the plasma gun will be lying on it near where the pipe connects to the wall (the player will need to crouch to get to it).
- It is possible to jam the incinerator crane against the wall with the window which allows viewing the toxic barrels. If done in just the right way, the crane will become unusable, and if the toxic barrels were not yet incinerated, a soft lock condition will occur, requiring the level to be restarted from the beginning.