Alpha Labs - Sector 3: Union Aerospace Science Division
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/alphalabs3|
The marine continues advancing through Alpha Labs. In this sector the marine needs to go through an area locked by maintenance key 4, which is located in a room filled with toxic gasses emitting from some of the barrels. The marine needs to use the manipulator to pick those barrels up and throw them away into the incinerator, and after doing so the marine is able to pick up the key and go through the locked door. The rest of the sector is a straight forward walk through a series of rooms, although the marine can enter an optional passage that contains a chaingun and armor - he will be ambushed upon picking them up. In the last room after the marine deals with multiple pinky demons, a strange unseen force throws items including a mop bucket around, breaking the glass window and allowing the marine to proceed to the exit.
- Contaminated Chamber
- Remove the barrels leaking toxic gasses in the chamber.
- Alpha Labs Sector 4
- Locate the entrance to Alpha Labs Sector 4.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. There are no changes in the enemy amount in the BFG Edition.
|Machine gun Z-Sec||4||5|
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent.
There is also one health station on the level with 100 health in reserve.
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
The code to all the cabinets is the same: 123, due to incompetence of the staff. For the sources of the codes, see Doom 3 locker codes.
- Storage locker #047 - Ammunition. Contains: hand grenades, clip (large), clip (small).
- Storage locker #048 - Ammunition. Contains: med kit (large), cells (small), bullets (large).
- Storage locker #049 - Ammunition. Contains: ammo belt, shells (small), armor shard x5.
- In Coolant Monitoring, jump on the pipes below the stairs to the Boiler Room and crawl to find a med kit and some clips.
- There is a well hidden plasma gun on this level. To get it, the player needs to open a maintenance hatch using a control panel in Boiler Room Monitoring, then go to the previous room, enter the hatch to the left of the door, proceed through it, turn right, and push the cross-barred panel outward. The player then needs to jump on one of the pipes to the right, and the plasma gun will be lying on it near where the pipe connects to the wall (the player will need to crouch to get to it).
- On the original Xbox version of the game, a large part of this level and a very small part of Alpha Labs - Sector 4 were merged into one level Alpha Labs - Sector 3.
- If the player goes to the manipulator control room and stays there for 2 minutes without going out, a Z-Sec will appear behind the door and surprise attack the player.
- It is possible to jam the incinerator crane against the wall with the window which allows viewing the toxic barrels. If done in just the right way, the crane will become unusable, and if the toxic barrels were not yet incinerated, a soft lock condition will occur, requiring the level to be restarted from the beginning.
- There's a machine gun Z-Sec on this map that isn't activated by any trigger, thus this enemy doesn't actually appear on the map.