|Codebase||Linux Doom 1.10|
|Developer(s)||Philipp Grosswiler (trance)|
|Initial release||0.1 (1997-12-26, 23 years ago)|
|Latest release||0.6 (1998-01-25, 23 years ago)|
|Target Platform||Amiga (68k)|
|License||Doom Source License|
AmigaDoom was a early source port of Doom, based on the official Linux Doom code, first released just three days after the source code of Doom was released. It was created by Philipp Grosswiler, better known as trance.
AmigaDoom was the first source port of Doom to appear on Amiga, seeing a 0.1 release on December 26, 1997, a mere three days after the official source code was released. Support for Retargetable Graphics (RTG) was added the following day, and soon followed experimental network support.
Major stepping stones were versions 0.4 and 0.5, released on December 31, 1997 and January 2, 1998 respectively. These releases added support for joysticks and game controllers along with gamma correction and saw the introduction of AHI sound support to enable richer sounds through multiple channels.
The port was rather short lived, because only one more version followed afterwards - Version 0.6, released on January 25, 1998. It brought mouse support and better memory management, along with some assembler routines taken from ADoom for optimization. The author mentioned being very busy with school at this point, which may have contributed to 0.6 being the last released version.
- 320x200 resolution (Same as Linux Doom)
- Works on ECS and on AGA
- Can be launched from Workbench, but runs natively
- RTG support, allows standardized resolutions and true colour screens to be available through common SVGA adapters
- -forcedemo option to force playing demos from different game versions of the WAD
- AHI sound effect support for multiple channels and panning (but not music). AmigaDoom allows the sample rate of sound effects to be changed, but at the cost of performance
- Mouse and joystick support
- Network support (experimental)
- Non FPU version
AmigaDoom requires a Amiga with AmigaOS 3.0+ and a 68020 (020) processor with 8MB of RAM.
- AmigaDoom 0.6 binary, at Ukscifi.net, an unofficial Aminet host
- Readme of AmigaDoom 0.6, at Ukscifi.net
- (In Polish) AmigaDoom 0.6 benchmarks and details, at Pekdar.net
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|Linux Doom 1.10||AmigaDoom||ZhaDoom68K|