This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
Antares is a single-level PWAD for Doom II that was released in March 1995. It was designed by Doug Ryerson.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the main hallway, get to the south end with the door and the path to the east. A wall will lower to the northwest, revealing another passage. At the end of this passage, use the northwest wall and take the lift up to get an energy cell, shotgun shells, an ammo clip, and a berserk pack. These items only appear on Ultra-Violence or higher. (sector 76)
- Head a bit east from the fork in the main hall and drop into the room with the computers. Take the steps up to the southeast entrance and in this room, use the wall to the north. Flip the switch, then take the lift to the south up to a hall with stimpacks. (sector 104)
- In the red key room, you can climb the computer at the west wall to find a rocket launcher (not on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower), an energy cell, ammo clips, and partial invisibility. (sector 148)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 21)
- facing south. (thing 22)
- facing east. (thing 23)
- facing north. (thing 24)
- facing west. (thing 25)
- facing north-west. (thing 36)
- facing south. (thing 37)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: