Argent D'Nur is a location and the final level of Doom (2016). The shattered remnants of the city of Argent within a mysterious world long ago conquered by the demons, crushed by the Icon of Sin, and absorbed into Hell, it was the home of the Night Sentinels and the location from which the Doom Slayer is thought to have gained immense power for fighting against the demonic hordes. It is the location of the source of Argent energy, the power produced by the Elemental Wraiths, known as "The Well," which is also the name of the thirteenth and final mission which takes place there. The Spider Mastermind serves as the boss of this level. By destroying it and exercising the powers of the Crucible, the Hell portal on Mars created by Olivia Pierce can finally be sealed.
Information decoded from the Corrax tablets indicated that the battle to absorb Argent D'Nur was one of great significance to the demons and began an acceleration of Hell's dominion. A dimensional fracture in this area connects to the Argent Fracture on Mars, and is the source of the UAC's Argent energy. The Corrax tablets include a quoted passage referring to the area:
Mission 13: The Well
The destruction of VEGA propels the Doom marine into the ruins of Argent, a city on the world of Argent D'Nur that was absorbed into Hell following the unleashing of the Icon of Sin against that world. Despite fierce resistance from the demons, the marine fights his way to The Well and stabs the Crucible into the captive souls of three Wraiths, releasing the souls and shutting off the transfer of their energy to Mars. After releasing the final Wraith, the marine drops into a pit and finds a blood-stained and white-eyed Olivia Pierce waiting for him, who whispers "They promised me so much," before being pulled into a blood pool and transformed into the Spider Mastermind. The marine manages to fatally weaken the Mastermind before finishing it off with a point-blank shot from the BFG-9000, after which he is tethered back to Mars. When the marine returns, however, Samuel Hayden takes the Crucible away and explains that the world must have Argent energy as things will be worse without it, and that the marine cannot be allowed to interfere; he tells the marine they will see each other again, before sending the marine to an unknown location as the credits begin to roll.
- Close The Well
- Access The Well Cathedral
- Lay the wraith's souls to rest (0/3)
- Find the exit portal
- Hold Still
- Kill two Barons of Hell with one shot.
- The only opportunity to complete this comes in the third Wraith arena. There is a quad damage powerup in the arena which you should save until the barons have teleported in; once this happens, take the powerup then fire the BFG-9000 once both barons are within sight.
- Uncharted Territory
- Find all three "Skull Switch" secrets.
- This challenge actually requires you to press three skull switches and then find the secrets they unlock; as a hint, all the secrets are behind wooden doors with red-eyed skulls. Refer to the "Secrets" section of the walkthrough for the switch locations.
- Big [REDACTED] Gun
- Kill 25 demons with the BFG.
- Save the BFG for the Wraith arenas as they will usually be full of enemies. The further the BFG ball can travel, the more damage it will inflict and the more targets it can seek out.
|Combat support drones
Areas / screenshots
A carving depicting the ancient Martian hero wielding the Soul Cube.
|Levels from Doom (2016)
|Site 03 • Resource Operations • Foundry • Argent Facility • Argent Energy Tower • Kadingir Sanctum • Argent Facility (Destroyed) • Advanced Research Complex • Lazarus Labs • Titan's Realm • Necropolis • VEGA Central Processing • Argent D'Nur
|Argent Breach • Beneath • Boneyard • Cataclysm • Chasm • Disposal • Empyrian • Excavation • Heatwave • Helix • Infernal • Molten • Offering • Orbital • Outbreak • Perdition • Ritual • Sacrilegious
|Hangar • Nuclear Plant • Toxin Refinery • Command Control • Phobos Lab • Phobos Anomaly • Halls of the Damned • Tower of Babel • Slough of Despair • Pandemonium • House of Pain • Entryway • Underhalls
|Rune trial arena • Rune trial passage • Rune trial temple