Avactor: End of the Fifth Circle
|Avactor: End of the Fifth Circle|
|This mod received one of the 2018 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
Avactor features large caribbean island jungle maps, breathtaking mesoamerican architecture, hordes of new and lightly-modified death-cultist enemies, an abundance of traps and well-hidden secrets, and a true sense of adventure. The levels are designed for continuous play (though pistol-starts are supported), with par times approaching an hour each.
- White demon
- A stronger variant of the demon (which itself uses a green skin) in all ways: hit points (200), speed, damage, pain chance, etc. Replaces Romero's head.
- Chaingun statue
- A turret-like statue sporting dual shoulder-mounted chainguns, with 350 hit points. Replaces Commander Keen.
- Plasma tank
- A similar enemy to the statue, but mounted on a tank chassis and carrying dual shoulder-mounted plasma guns. Replaces the arachnotron with the same 500 hit points.
- Big brain
- A large floating boss monster with 2200 health. Replaces Wolfenstein SS.
Changes to monsters
- All monsters have a new skin to fit better in the WAD's environment.
- Cacodemons shoot a faster projectile but their HP is reduced to 350.
- Pain elementals inflict the same damage as an exploding barrel upon death, dealing up to 128 damage.
- Imps shoot a little bit faster projectile.
- Spider mastermind's hit box is reduced to 192 and its first frame when attacking is reduced from 20 tics to 10 tics.
- Lost soul's HP is reduced to 90 so it will die by shotgun shots more often.
- MAP01: La Muerta Island
- MAP02: Sunlight Source
- MAP03: Gythop's Pyramids
- MAP04: Rest of the Sages
- MAP05: Calculating Under Pressure
- MAP06: Mount of Steel
- MAP07: Europhan's Hall
- MAP08: Violent Geometry
- MAP09: Overflooded with Ideas
- MAP10: Critical Crossing
- MAP11: The Final Theory
- MAP12: Back to the Surface
Avactor contains 15 MIDI tracks, one for each level as well as the usual title screen, intermission, and text screen themes. They were all composed by Eradrop, however the tracks were not given titles.