|This mod received one of the 2012 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
Base Ganymede is a vanilla compatible megawad for Doom created by Adam Woodmansey (Khorus). It was released three times at different stages of its development. Base Ganymede E1, containing the first episode was released on November 15, 2009. Base Ganymede: Episode 2, contained just the second episode and was released on November 18, 2010. The second episode was named as a runner-up at the 17th Annual Cacowards.
Finally, on January 20, 2012, Base Ganymede: Complete was released, containing the previous two episodes in addition to a third. Reviews of all three releases were positive, and the finished megawad received one of the 19th Annual Cacowards. On May 9, 2023, it was released as an official add-on for the Doom Classic Unity port.
Tracks from Doom the Way id Did (DtWiD) are from the optional soundtrack and are all composed by Mr. Freeze.
This WAD features four built-in demos. All require Doom v1.9 to view them. The demo levels are:
The DSDA episode records for Base Ganymede are:
|UV max episode 1||50:10||Smite of Disrespect||2020-07-12||BGe1-4931.zip|
|UV max episode 2||50:13||Smite of Disrespect||2020-07-21||BGe2-4737.zip|
|UV max episode 3||43:51||Smite of Disrespect||2020-07-25||BGe3-4013.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 28, 2022.
- Base Ganymede E1 at Doomworld/idgames
- Base Ganymede: Episode 2 at Doomworld/idgames
- Base Ganymede: Complete at Doomworld/idgames
- Base Ganymede E1 at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- Base Ganymede: Episode 2 at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- Base Ganymede: Complete at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- Review at ONEMANDOOM: WAD Reviews
- New Add-on Available: Base Ganymede on the Slayers Club