|The starting area|
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
Berserk is a single-level PWAD for Doom that was released in 1994. It was designed by Jon Landis.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- The room with the cacodemons north of the large outdoor room counts as a secret and is impossible to miss. (sector 11)
- The large outdoor room has a lift in the west leading up to a ledge. Walking north from the top of the lift takes you to two boxes of rockets, an energy cell pack, and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 17)
- South of the exit are two green switches (actually part of the same switch) on the west wall. Pressing either of them opens up a room further back along the passage containing two barons of Hell (only one on easy skill). Shooting the back wall of this room opens up another room (which counts as a secret) further back along the passage leading to two energy cell packs and a BFG9000. Shooting the back wall of this room opens up a teleporter near the start leading to an empty room with two lowering walls and two teleporters, both of which take you to other parts of the level. (sector 59)
- Crossing the last step before the exit briefly opens up a door west of the start area containing several imps and three switches (actually all part of the same switch). (sector 54)
- Pressing the switch in #4 opens up a teleporter directly south of the exit, leading to a room with eight cacodemons, three boxes of rockets, five energy cell packs, and a soul sphere. (sector 51)
When this map is opened in PrBoom+, the HUD states that there are six secret sectors. However, only the five listed above show up as secret in the editor, and therefore the maximum achievable secret percentage is 83%. DMMPST and DeePsea report that the sixth secret is Sector 56, which is the south-eastern of the two teleporters in the empty room mentioned in #3 above, and is impossible to enter as the teleporter is one-way.
East of the exit are two doors leading back to the start area. The eastern one can be opened from either side as normal, however the western one has its eastern linedef (Linedef 244) on the wrong side. As a result, opening the western door (Sector 45) and pressing Linedef 244 whilst facing east will cause the ceiling of the adjacent sector (Sector 46) to lower to the floor. This will make it impossible to return to the start area (it will still be possible to exit the level).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV Tyson||27:40.37||Mike Toliver||2000-10-26||bert2740.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 31, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 262)
- facing south. (thing 263)
- facing east. (thing 264)
- facing west. (thing 265)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: