BioTech is partial conversion episode PWAD for Doom II that was released in January 2001. The team behind BioTech consists of Beaverbeat, Protium, Khalad, TheRedOmen, Mark The Artist, and Kyle Kylin. It features several new monsters through DeHackEd, a modified weapon, and 8 new levels.
The storyline revolves around the main character, a notorious bounty hunter, being hired to clean up a series of facilities operated by BioTech, a company specializing in biogenetic engineering that was working for the UAC, where a large number of monstrous mutants have gone loose and occupied the base.
Monsters and weapons
- Several of the enemies have had their death animations changed, with red blood being replaced by green blood.
- The cacodemon is replaced by a partially submerged slime-inhabiting creature called the "Stalker", which throws weaker baron projectiles at the player, cannot fly, and has 350 hit points.
- The lost soul is replaced by a flying robot dubbed the "Sec Droid", which has 200 HP and moves faster.
- The arachnotron became a boss monster in MAP06 with a massive 12000 HP.
- The plasma rifle has been renamed to the phaser gun and has a different appearance, but it otherwise behaves the same.
Only the first three levels have custom music.
This WAD features three built-in demos. All require Doom II v1.9 to view them. The demo levels are:
|DEMO1||MAP03: The Biolabs||4||3325||1:35.00|
|DEMO2||MAP06: The River of Mutagen||4||4846||2:18.46|
|DEMO3||MAP01: BioTech Entrance||4||2369||1:07.69|