|Authors||BlooM Team: Drugod, Rolls3D, Ozymandias81|
|IWAD||Doom, Doom II, The Plutonia Experiment, TNT: Evilution, The Ultimate Doom|
BlooM is a total conversion mod for GZDoom and Zandronum-compatible source ports, created by Bloom Team: Antonio González Aguilar (Drugod), Roberto Julio Álamo (Rolls3D) and Virgilio Virzo (Ozymandias81).
BlooM's story begins 10 years after Doom II's events. Earth governments try to rebuild the remnants of civilization after the war against Hell. Meanwhile Cabalco remained latent, waiting for the right moment to take over the old UAC facilities. The goal of Cabalco is to build its own portal generator, not just to bring back all the Cabal fallen army, but to resurrect Tchernobog.
During the process of opening the portal, the Cabal's engineers detected an anomaly surely due to a bad adjustment of the collider. This produced an space-time disturbance in which the past (Blood) merged with the present (Doom II) in a fragmented universe known as the Void.
And not only that! The vortex brought back Cabal's army along with all the demons from hell slaughtered by Doomguy!
Cabalco sorcerers tried to put the Icon of Sin under their control. But after several attempts, they found it was an impossible task. War of The Void begins...
Being unable to subdue the army of hell, Cabalco scientists created the Hybrids. Servile and lethal creatures, combining Hell demons and Cabal forces.
Luckily, on this occasion, Doomguy won't be alone. The time vortex fusion brought an ally: Caleb.
Together they will not only fight to destroy the demons and acolytes of Cabal, but also the secret weapon of Cabal, the hybrid creatures!
BlooM has its own Episode: All the Way of Doomed Flesh, but also is compatible with any Doom saga IWADs (Doom, Doom II, The Ultimate Doom, The Plutonia Experiment, TNT: Evilution), changing the original monsters to the hybrid BlooM bestiary and granting the ability to play with either Doomguy or Caleb, changing the gameplay substantially (especially due the new monster behaviours).
BlooM is also compatible with any vanilla WAD.
This content refers to the current BlooM version: BlooM Demo v1.666.
- Hybrid bestiary: More than 30 new hybrid monsters created by the Cabal engineers! Hybrid bestiary can be enabled or disabled.
- Vanilla bestiary: More than 30 kinds of the original monsters from Blood / Doom series!
- 20 weapons and guns akimbo powerup.
- Added all Blood's textures and environment elements, plus new sprites and textures.
- New Episode: "The Way of Doomed Flesh" (4 levels on current Demo version).
- Traps: BlooM add traps and random events in original or vanilla maps.
- Can choose between two Character Classes: Doomguy and Caleb.
- Items in sprites, voxels or 3D models, can be chosen in the BlooM menu.
The BlooM hybrid bestiary is composed for more than 30 new classes of monsters with new mechanics and behaviours. The aesthetic of the monsters correspond to an hybridization, so all the monsters have characteristics of their vanilla counterparts.
In BlooM you can choose two character classes:
- Doomguy: U.A.C. Marine, experienced soldier and assassin of the Icon of Sin. He can quad the weapons' damage.
- Caleb: Undead cowboy brought back to life by the Cabal and killer of Tchernobog. He can morph into a werewolf.
Episode: "The way of Doomed Flesh"
- BLM01: Entryway to Grave
- BLM02: Wrong Side of the Hangar
- BLM03: U.A.C. Phantom 666
- BLM04: Ghost Downtown
All songs were composed by Bui Mondo and Drugod (Antonio González Aguilar).
- MENU - Titoli del Menû
- BLM01 - Sala dell'eternitâ
- BLM02 - Incubo a forma di cubo
- BLM03 - Via che conduce all'orrore
- BLM04 - L'abbazzia dei dannati
- BlooM Team official website
- BlooM at Mod DB
- Bloom at Blood Wiki
- BlooM Review - by GmanLives
- How Hybrids are made?