The blood punch is an ability of the Doom Slayer in Doom Eternal, a devastating melee attack which can be unleashed after charging it with glory kills. The blood punch is first acquired in the form of a glowing artifact found in Exultia.
The blood punch is a melee attack that releases a shockwave when hitting a monster, damaging nearby foes in addition to the primary target. The attack is powerful enough to instantly kill monsters as strong as a Pinky, and deals heavy damage to stronger ones as well. Additionally, it can break through enemy shields, even magic ones like that of the arch-vile. It has a very high chance of weak point damage, including complete destruction of the cyber-mancubus's armor.
Although it does not require ammo, it must be charged before use by performing glory kills. Two glory kills will provide a single charge, and only one charge can be stored at a time.
While it is not upgraded directly, the blood punch receives three automatic upgrades upon clearing the following missions:
- Doom Hunter Base: Blood punches are more powerful.
- Sentinel Prime: Glory kills on heavy monsters will fully charge the blood punch.
- Urdak: Each charge allows for the use of two blood punches before being expended, allowing the move to be used more often.
Two runes affect the blood punch:
- Punch and Reave: Monsters killed with the blood punch are guaranteed to drop health pickups, which can be used in synergy with Health for Blood to keep the blood punch charged.
- Desperate Punch: The blood punch deals double damage if health is 75 or below.
Two Sentinel crystal upgrades affect the blood punch:
- Health for Blood: Health pickups acquired when the player's health is maxed out will charge the blood punch.
- Armor for Blood: Armor pickups acquired when the player's armor is maxed out will charge the blood punch.
|Weapons from Doom Eternal|
|Single player:||Ballista • BFG-9000 • Chaingun • Chainsaw • Combat shotgun • Crucible • Heavy cannon • Plasma rifle • Rocket launcher • Super shotgun • Unmaykr|
|DLC - TAGP2:||Sentinel Hammer|
|Side arms:||Doomblade • Flame belch • Frag grenade • Ice bomb|
|Offensive abilities:||Blood punch • Dash|
|Progression:||Weapon modification • Weapon upgrade|